PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please. Multiple questions

Espresso
06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
OK, first question is for the year 2000 folks.
1. Can you please check your Serial or VIN & tell me what the 10th digit says? Is it a Y or a 1. This for for ANYONE in the USA or outside of the USA to awnser.
The rest of the questions are for everyone....

2. Can someone(or all of you :) ) please read the numers off your rear diff & post what they are. The numbers are on the gear cover below the mounting bushings. Pretty easy to see without jacking up the car.

3. Was the tiptronic STANDARD or an Option starting in 2000. Everything I have read states it was STANDARD on ALL C-Classes. But is this stateside or Worldwide? I do not know, so if anyone with a 2000 can chime in with what they have it would be greatly appreciated.

4. For the V6 people. How many 02 sensors do you have in your exhaust? Is your exhaust two pipes with 2 convertors, running into ONE resinator & ONE muffler?

That is all for now.
TIA,
Espresso

Benzon
06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
2000 C230K

1. WDBHA24G1YA857161

2. Not sure what my numbers are but depending on what your wanting to learn from this I do believe the numbers DO NOT say anything about the ratio's of the gear's inside the numbers are just for the case I believe. (Learned after replacing differential with wrong ratio's and car having a fit.)

3. I Belive it was standard for 2000's. I have it.

4. 4 Cylinder baby.

Espresso
06-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Thank You for the info. My car has a 1 as the 10th digit.
As for the rear diff numbers. I am mainly interested in the first letter & first 3 numbers. Not about gear ratio's ect. I was told I had one diff with a aftermarket LSD. Turns out I do not. I DO have a LSD, but it isnt what I was told, nor the gear.

Everything I read about the tip-tronic says it was standard for 2000, but I cannot find a website outside the USA that says anything about this. I do not have this feature( do not really want it) You have the 722605 trans. I have the 722606. But we have the same 423 option code for the transmission. I wonder how they tell the difference when building the cars??

xvvvz
06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
>>This for for ANYONE in the USA or outside of the USA to awnser.
<<

Mine is an "X" for a USA car.

Ooops. Nevermind. I see now you just want year 2000 cars. Sorry.

69chevelle
06-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I have "Y" as the 10th digit also. Gotta luv my tip-tronic trannie!