View Full Version : OEMpartsdirect, WTF???

VIP_MBZ
06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Ok, so I bought new brake pads on oempartsdirect.com -- awesome retailer.

But I went back to shop around some more, and their site has changed so that I can't find ANY parts anymore! The parts lookup is now much more vague as well (i.e. 'C-class' instead of seperating the different models) Anybody else have the same issue? I already sent 2 emails about it to them.

-Ray

timmyj51
06-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Did you call their 800 number?

VIP_MBZ
06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I did, earlier today, but got the voicemail. I left a message, but we'll see.

-Ray

xvvvz
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, you always get Jamie's voicemail. That always annoyed me. I guess you could call the dealership's regular phone number and ask for Mercedes parts but you might not get the online prices.

VIP_MBZ
06-14-2007, 05:36 PM
This is totally annoying, I need to get some maintenance done before i go on a long drive next week.

Is there any other site anyone recommends who sells genuine MB parts? I know there are lots of sites like alleuropeancarparts and the like who sell OEM-replacement / remanufactured parts, but Jamie from oempartsdirect was selling actual dealer parts. My brake pads showed up in a sealed silver Mercedes box.

So yeah, is there any other such dealer we can order online from? I have a wholesale account at Long Beach Mercedes and even the "cost" is not as cheap as oempartsdirect.

-Ray

strictlyspeakin
06-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Well consider yourself lucky. You still have that wholesale account.

I used to have a wholesale account at the local Mercedes dealer, but a new parts manager came in and cleaned house. Now my discount is only 15%.

They don't get too much of my business anymore.

VIP_MBZ
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by strictlyspeakin
Well consider yourself lucky. You still have that wholesale account.

I used to have a wholesale account at the local Mercedes dealer, but a new parts manager came in and cleaned house. Now my discount is only 15%.

They don't get too much of my business anymore.

Mine has never been more than 15%. So I don't even have a hay-day to reminsce about. It's always sucked. My Toyota discount, on the other hand, is still nice and rediculous (~45%). I should just conver to 5x114 and put Lexus brakes on my 202.

-Ray

xvvvz
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I really like www.autohausaz.com but I can't say that your item will arrive in a Mercedes box. You usually know what your getting though. They usually tell you who makes the part and they almost always offer a product that is actually an OEM supplier to MB.

In regard to brake pads, have you considered going with one of the high quality but low dust pads like the Axxis/PBR deluxe pads? Lots of good reports on the net in regard to quality and performance plus the low dust factor.

VIP_MBZ
06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Well, I finally got correspondence from Jamie, who said they will look up any part I'm interested in based on VIN number. Have I mentioned before how bad I hate this VIN-based lookup crap? NO other dealer asks you for that. Why not look it up by model first, and then if there's more than one result, maybe then dig deeper to see if there were really multiple options for a given year. It absolutely does not make any sense to me whatsoever to require a VIN prior to doing any query. The C32/C55 had 1 (one) brake configuration. Having me dig up a VIN and giving me a dirty look (guy at the parts counter) when I don't have one is a complete waste of time.

Originally posted by xvvvz
I really like www.autohausaz.com but I can't say that your item will arrive in a Mercedes box. You usually know what your getting though. They usually tell you who makes the part and they almost always offer a product that is actually an OEM supplier to MB.

In regard to brake pads, have you considered going with one of the high quality but low dust pads like the Axxis/PBR deluxe pads? Lots of good reports on the net in regard to quality and performance plus the low dust factor.

Before I did the conversion, I wanted to get Porterfield R4S, but after using OEM for a while, I realize that it has more than enough braking power for me, and probably lasts the longest. With the amount of miles I put on the car, I'm actually more concerned with that than getting a little more performance out of what is already a badass brake system.

-Ray

timmyj51
06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Their on-line parts catalogue still doesn't seem to be
working. Did you ask them about this? I also generally
use Arizona Auto Haus but like to check these guys out.
As for the VIN number; actually, just about every stealership
I've dealt with asks me for it when ordering parts.