PDA

View Full Version : strut bars for W202?

omeyhomey
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,

Does anyone still make strut bars for the W202? I can't seem to find any. thx

trymonlam
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
isn't H&R still making these? though eibach has better ones, they stop production a while ago. last time i check ebay someone was still selling these.
if you absolutely can't find them. i have a set of brand new eibach sways here that i can sonsider selling.

omeyhomey
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
what are the prices?

trymonlam
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
well,
before i decide to sell these, i need to figure out a way to ship them. for one thing, the box they came in was beat up from the previous shipping.
and again, since it's never used and brand new in box, i would like to get the price not much lower than what current market offers if i am to sell them.
pm me with a offer if you wish. at the mean time i will keep my eyes open in case i come across them in your area.

Pagz
06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
err,think you guys are crossing over from strut braces to sway bars??o0

if your after strut braces ask SlammedC,pretty sure his front one is of the shelf,but the rear is custom.

Proven Guilty
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
On the W202, it's not even functional as a strut tower brace since it's a double wishbone independent suspension, and the shocks are separate from the springs; so essentially it's only a shock tower brace (basically for looks).

SLAMMED_C has a set of front, and possibly rear - you could PM him, or stalk out his car domain for more info.

lol paul

Pagz
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
heheh...I replied with pretty much the exact words you did then thought aarg cant be bothered with the possible aftermath of questions lol

trymonlam
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
ohh, i thought omey needed roll bars. if its strut braces you need, i think welchers make them. and i am pretty damn sure they have vendors here. sorry for the confusion, man.

SLAMMED_C
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I do indeed have strut bars.. front and rear.
I got them from Wiechers in germany. I dealt with them through email.. didnt have any problems at all.

but for sure they are more for looks then anything else.. I cant see them actually making the car any stiffer in the corners. I only got them for the looks!! didnt expect any performance gains in cornering ability.