PDA

View Full Version : Pads???

1SIKBNZ
09-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Ok guys sorry if i sound like an idiot but i need a lil info. im dropped 1.5 all round on vogtland springs but i want the rear end up just a wee lil bit. (it just seems like it hangs a lil lower than front) plus when i add a system i want the xtra lift up so it will settle even with the weight. Now i hear you guys all talkin bout "pads" #1-5. what are they where do they install/how. and what is the amt. of lift up per pad? would this be the fix for my problem? Thanks for any help!

CKlasse
09-02-2003, 09:36 AM
How do you like your springs? Stiff yet soft? :) I compared eibach pro kit and vogtland before I chose vogtland. No other springs in my mind as soft yet stiff (progressive springs) during cornerning.

I also have the same prob with lowering. It was too low. I was on #1 and #2, front and rear respectively. Now, I am on #3 and #2, and loving it. The turns is solid.. no body rolls. Although I can use a tower bar... oh well as soon as the engine is done.

1SIKBNZ
09-02-2003, 09:58 AM
i love em seems at just the right height for me. but thats what im talkin about. you say you are on #3 and #2. what are they xactly and how do they go on? also i just need a lil xtra lift on the rear the front is fine. so what would i need to go with? like a #2 or sumthin i dont know how the scale works (number of pad equal to what increase in height?) thanks.

JRE320
09-02-2003, 12:07 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=866&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

If you would see the W202 here mine is pad#2 all around and Nokias car is pad#1 all around.

1SIKBNZ
09-02-2003, 12:13 PM
so stock there are no pads correct? if thats the case i think i might just want to go with a #1 in rear and leave the front as is. can you do that or if you put pads in the rear do you have to up front as well?

Renn 208
09-02-2003, 12:24 PM
your car does come with pads stock, although depending on your options package, who knows exactly what's in there right now. You just need to take a peek to know for sure.

jnolte
09-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Right now i am running number 2 pads in the front and 3s out back.

1 is skinniest pad for more drop

5 is fattest pad for most lift

YOu get the idea.

JRE320
09-04-2003, 01:28 AM
I'll show you your pads when we meet later this week... ;)

CKlasse
09-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Yep, have JRE took off your rear pads and see what they are... increase the height by a pad number or two.

Thanks

JRE320
09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Yep, have JRE took off your rear pads and see what they are... increase the height by a pad number or two.

Thanks

I ain't gonna take them off.... :p I'll just show him where he can get the pad# on his car. ;) :cool: