PDA

View Full Version : wheels from "E" Class

09-02-2003, 01:47 AM
16" standard wheel for W202 are ET (offset) 37 and canal 7 J.

May I utilize, 16" wheels from E class that are ET 41 with canal 7.5 J?

Will they look and work ok?

Further problem is that tyre will be 205 that work well with 7 J but I'm not so convinced in 7.5 J!

I have to verify and change also the bolts accordingly to the new wheels, do I have also to verify the interface with the hub or it's standard for all Mercedes?

Probably you will simply answer me saying: go to 17", but my reply will be, sorry I can't (money).

thanks for any help to all

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 06:19 AM
It will fit just fine. :)

Regarding tyre sizes 215 is better suited for a 7.5 wheel

09-02-2003, 07:10 AM
Thanks a lot nokia8860.

I know 215 will be better, but 205 is already possible as standard from factory (already indicated in the car's document).

Regarding the bolts, are there some verification that has to be done in order to verify interface with the hub?

thanks again

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 07:14 AM
A way to check is to get one of your original wheels and put one of your original bolts thru it. Count the number of threads that appear from the back of the wheel.

Now take your new wheel and using your original bolt do the same thing as above and count the threads that go thru that. If they are the same then no need to worry.

If you count more threads using your original bolt with the new wheel you will either have to a) find the correct bolt lenght or b) using a cutting wheel cut your bolt to be the correct size.

Keep in mind if your original bolts are too long and you end up cutting them make sure you keep a set of original bolts in your car for your spare tyre!!! Last thing you want is to get a flat and try to use your spare tyre and find out the bolts you cut are now way too short!!!

09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks again for your well explanation. It's all clear.

Regarding spare tyre, mine is already provided with a dedicated bolts set, because different (it's not alloy wheel).

Hi