PDA

View Full Version : H&R Lowering Springs w/ Blisten Sport Shocks?

sensoryx
06-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Im currently running on H&R Lowering springs with stock shocks. Thinking of upgrading w/ blisten. Does anyone have this setup? If so how is it?

bish0p
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
i have h&r sports with bilstein sports. I love the ride. it's not too harsh or stiff

JRE320
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
This topic been posted over and over again. If you could only do a search on this you would get your answers. :o

etan75
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Until last weekend, I was running H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks. The ride comfort is fine. I have not bottomed out once with that setup. However, with the rough streets of San Francisco, as in my case, it may be too low.

Go for it.

chewiguy
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
This is probably one of the most common suspension setups that you'll see on this forum. The price is good and the cornering is definitely worth the few hundred. Not to mention you don't have to worry about your stock shocks dying on you at any moment.

Give it a shot! I love mine.

99amgc43
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
ive had the same setup for 2 years, no problems and love the drop

sensoryx
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
bringing back an old thread, so I dont have to start a new one.

Whats the difference between the Heavy Duty Shocks and the Sport Shocks. Which one do you recommend?

Captain - X
08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Actually if u order H&R Cup kit it contains H&R springs and Bilstein Sport shocks.

Markland556
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
just wondering where you guys have found the best/cheapest place to buy these?

odj
09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by sensoryx
bringing back an old thread, so I dont have to start a new one.

Whats the difference between the Heavy Duty Shocks and the Sport Shocks. Which one do you recommend?

Bilstein HD shocks have a more agressive valving, designed for higher spring rate at stock height or very close to it.

Bilstein Sport shocks have a more agressive valving for higher spring rate, and are designed to work with lowering springs.

If you're going to lower the car, go with the Sports. I've had three cars now with Bilstein Sports and some combo of springs, and have always been happy with them.

etan75
09-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by odj
Bilstein HD shocks have a more agressive valving, designed for higher spring rate at stock height or very close to it.

Bilstein Sport shocks have a more agressive valving for higher spring rate, and are designed to work with lowering springs.

If you're going to lower the car, go with the Sports. I've had three cars now with Bilstein Sports and some combo of springs, and have always been happy with them.

So if I am back at stock height, using the stock springs (non-high rate), I should use the Bilstein HD shocks?

odj
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by etan75
So if I am back at stock height, using the stock springs (non-high rate), I should use the Bilstein HD shocks?

You can use either, but I would personally go with the HD's in that instance.