PDA

View Full Version : I ordered the sun shade

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Got the ok from my wife right before she went to bed!! Oh yeah!!!

jnolte
09-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Got the ok from my wife right before she went to bed!! Oh yeah!!!

Whats the " sun shade "?? That you ordered

Renn 208
09-02-2003, 10:42 AM
you already have the switch installed from before right? Niceeee!

kameraguy
09-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Are these the "side" sun shades, or the power rear?

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Are these the "side" sun shades, or the power rear?

power

but i will couple that with the sides too :)

Should be here in a week or so.

JRE320
09-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Damn!!!! Sweet power sunshade!!!! so can I have your old clips.... :p :D ;) :cool:

William420
09-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Damn I just broke mine. hahah.

Was trying to manually "force it down" and I broke one of metal bar.. Well, at least I got it down. :D

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by William420
Damn I just broke mine. hahah.

Was trying to manually "force it down" and I broke one of metal bar.. Well, at least I got it down. :D

now you just made of a mess!!! hahaha you should have took it apart and just replaced the motor! hahaha

kameraguy
09-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Dammit Will....here we are trying to get POWER shades when you HAVE power shades but try to MANUALLY close it!! :p

And another DAMMIT....After reading this thread I said to myself, eh, i'm happy with my manual shade.....so let me use it today. When i go to pull it up, half of the mount comes up too. I'm like WTF. Turns out one of the self-tapping screws lost it's grip to the rear shelf and now my sunshade is half mounted. Dammmit!! Grrr.....

William420
09-02-2003, 04:01 PM
hahha yup I should have just replaced the motor. But I look at the bright side, because now I don't have to spend $$$ on the motor anymore. And no I'm not going to replace the shade. Just gonna leave it. :D You know, I still think it may be possible to close the shade manually if you use the right pressure. I used too much force I believe. Try it Joey. hahahha :p

Kam, believe me if I have to make a choice between Power & Manual Sunshade, I would choose Manual!!! No motor to worry about.. Keep your manual shade man!!! :)

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 06:39 PM
chris,

thats one reason why i decided to get the power one because my screws are no longer holding the shade down. I was like hmmm I could fix that... naw.... so power it is

I phear when you see it on my car you will buy one as well... its ok just sell the other kidney.

JRE320
09-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah.... and I know how much it will cost to buy all the parts.... :rolleyes: :( ;) so what about the clips I'm asking you..... :p ;) :cool:

nokia8860
09-02-2003, 06:52 PM
yeah yeah yeah i know you know the cost and best part of it its all wholesale boi!!!!!

sorry man ima keep the clips and manual sunshade... i gots some plans for that. if all goes well it will be one cool ass club202 mod!

JRE320
09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
You got folding seats right? So how it gonna work? :confused:

nokia8860
09-03-2003, 06:11 AM
hows what suppose to work?

JRE320
09-03-2003, 06:39 AM
NM. I think I got it.

nokia8860
09-04-2003, 07:38 AM
man this thing is taking forever to get here!! :bunny:

JRE320
09-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Did u check the front office of your apt. complex?

kameraguy
09-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh, the same problems with teh screws happened to you too Joey? Ok, now I feel somewhat better thinking I'm the only one having stupid little problems :p

I can't believe how crappy MB made the manual sunshade mount. Did they think nobody would have problems? Basterds!!

Hahahaha, you know it's a good thing i'm broke with minidisc purchases, otherwise I just might get that sunshade! :p

Will, It appears the grass is always greener. It seems you prefer manual wheras I prefer power. So.....you know what i'm about to propose, right? Hehehehehehe :D

William420
09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Will, It appears the grass is always greener. It seems you prefer manual wheras I prefer power. So.....you know what i'm about to propose, right? Hehehehehehe :D

Oh heck yah... You want to trade your working sunshade with my shade that has fried motor and 1 broken metal bar. Chris, you DON'T have to "PROPOSE" that. All you gotta do is "ask". We are friends, and you know I'll do you the favor and make the trade JUST FOR YOU! hahahahaha :D

JRE320
09-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by William420
Oh heck yah... You want to trade your working sunshade with my shade that has fried motor and 1 broken metal bar. Chris, you DON'T have to "PROPOSE" that. All you gotta do is "ask". We are friends, and you know I'll do you the favor and make the trade JUST FOR YOU! hahahahaha :D

Wow!!! what a guy...... willing to trade his power sunshade with a manual one... except Will gonna ask Chris to pick up from his place in L.A........ :p :D ;) :cool:

nokia8860
09-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Now this is P!MP.

I get back from lunch and @ my cube is a very large package larger than my cube with a big ol mb logo right on it. Of course I knew what this was so I ripp'd open the package and oh yeahhhh..... wire harness and rear shelf. One thing is for sure if you have a 97 with a black shelf and you purchase a new one this sucker is BLACK!!!!

I pull it out and at the bottom of the package is the harness. So now im thinking sunshade... nada. I go up front and ask around for another package nada. I look at the invoice... nada.

So I call tom up and say I have 2 of 3. He is like wondering too cuz I was charged for the sunshade. He says he'll call me back. 15mins go by and I get a call. Tom said it was a shipping error and they guys that do the shipping didnt ship it out. Im like in my head crap I wanted to install it this weekend.

Tom says he can saturday ship it. Im like but no one is at work. Hes like thats ok. Tell me where ya gonna be and i'll ship it there. So i did and he says ok you'll have it tomorrow no charge on shipping its our error.

:werd:

It is our duty as members of CLUB202 to support great ppl like tom!!!

Eurosport
09-12-2003, 04:51 PM
that guy is awesome, that's all i gotta say
now get that shade going with some picts? :)
it'll be pimpalicious

00kompressor
09-29-2003, 08:50 PM
how much did it all cost?

nokia8860
11-01-2003, 10:55 AM
After the delay in actually getting a working sunshade and the hook up at osh for 3 nuts and washers, the cashier thought I was a student in the AV department holding a screen for a projector, and a few cus words later its done.

Now I dont have to run to the back to pull up or down the sunshade. I can just press a button.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album06/new_switch.sized.jpg

Here is the switch.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album06/shade.sized.jpg

And the shade.

Eurosport
11-01-2003, 10:43 PM
one word: PIMP
now get some real tint that way even more privacy for road heads :D

MBenzNL
11-02-2003, 01:41 AM
And the shade.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDZAhYTKm*XeNiG4BqrTv4s5w*uX*aTos9B8hOcE*GKJ6uoe 9RlYnI5!44NeWV1IXru3vN6JaACjelX7B3KVv!Nv*pmg2Zke5A 6kJCbt9Y/TVant03.jpg?dc=4675414068305432843

greetingz,

JDoggery
11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
whats the cost on doing something like this?

Faheem Daddy
11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Where can I get a manual sunshade for my 94 C220? And does anyone know how much it would cost?

nokia8860
11-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JDoggery
whats the cost on doing something like this?

The shade itself is around 550+ depending on your discounts at the dealer.

Originally posted by Faheem Daddy
Where can I get a manual sunshade for my 94 C220? And does anyone know how much it would cost?

Doesnt matter what year your 202 is the manual one will fit all and is around 80 bucks at the dealer.

Faheem Daddy
11-10-2003, 03:08 PM

Doesnt matter what year your 202 is the manual one will fit all and is around 80 bucks at the dealer.
So the manual shade is only $80 from the dealer? The $550 you quoted JDoggery is for the power shade, right? Do I have to replace the whole rear shelf or does the manual shade simply bolt onto it? Does anyone have a part number for the manual shade?

nokia8860
11-10-2003, 03:11 PM
The manual just uses self tapping screws to your current rear parcel. I dont have a part number for this nor the manual rear passenger ones either. A visit to your dealer will allow them to order this for you.

You are correct the 550 price is for the power unit which will require a new rear parcel, wire harness, switch and center gear shift panel. So there is a lot more than the 550 and youre looking closer to 900 for everything.

Faheem Daddy
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
The manual just uses self tapping screws to your current rear parcel. I dont have a part number for this nor the manual rear passenger ones either. A visit to your dealer will allow them to order this for you.

You are correct the 550 price is for the power unit which will require a new rear parcel, wire harness, switch and center gear shift panel. So there is a lot more than the 550 and youre looking closer to 900 for everything.
Cool, thanks for the info...I'm gonna call my dealer right now.

11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the manual shade?

Part number for rear manual sunshade should be: B66691179 (as said it's about 80 Euro/$) you need also an installation kit (don't worry, just a couple of Euro/$, for partnumber check to the dealer, they should know with the order of the manual shade).

Please be informed that, after visit to my local dealer I saw that a FURTHER manual sunshade code was present, with a different description of the shade material (it seems an up-graded material)!

So it'll be very usefull to investigate before purchase the difference between. Installation kit, obviouslly, is the same.

I'm planning to buy mine for Christmas.

Ciao

11-10-2003, 11:57 PM
About electric rear sunshade, for those that have already performed that modification, how many possibility does exist to adapt (kutting) the standard rear parcel to accept an electric sunshade?

It's really a lot of money!

Does exist some used parts that are available! Cheaper is better!

May be I'll go with the manual!

hi

nokia8860
11-11-2003, 09:00 AM
1998k: It is very possible to cut your exsiting rear parcel to fit the power shade. When you remove the parcel and look beind it there is already a template in where you will need to cut.

The only reason I purchased a new parcel is because my cutting would not be straight.

JDoggery
11-11-2003, 09:49 AM
thanks for the info guys, sounds likes a project I may soon take on

Faheem Daddy
11-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 1998K
Part number for rear manual sunshade should be: B66691179 (as said it's about 80 Euro/$) you need also an installation kit (don't worry, just a couple of Euro/$, for partnumber check to the dealer, they should know with the order of the manual shade).

Please be informed that, after visit to my local dealer I saw that a FURTHER manual sunshade code was present, with a different description of the shade material (it seems an up-graded material)!

So it'll be very usefull to investigate before purchase the difference between. Installation kit, obviouslly, is the same.

I'm planning to buy mine for Christmas.

Ciao
Thanks for the info, I'm going to get in touch with the parts dept at my dealer this weekend and see what they have. If the new shade is made of better material, I'll keep you all posted and tell you how it all works out. :cool:

Faheem Daddy
11-11-2003, 12:07 PM
One more question:

Will I have to poke holes into the roof liner of my car in order for the sunshade to clip in? What I'm asking is, when I have the shade pulled up, where is it going to attach to? My mom's Volvo has a manual rear sunshade that clips into 2 holes in the ceiling of the car...would anyone happen to have pics of the manual sunshade installed in their w202?

11-11-2003, 11:14 PM
1998k: It is very possible to cut your exsiting rear parcel to fit the power shade. When you remove the parcel and look beind it there is already a template in where you will need to cut.

The only reason I purchased a new parcel is because my cutting would not be straight.

Thanks a lot for your useful information. ;)

11-11-2003, 11:27 PM
One more question:

Will I have to poke holes into the roof liner of my car in order for the sunshade to clip in? What I'm asking is, when I have the shade pulled up, where is it going to attach to? My mom's Volvo has a manual rear sunshade that clips into 2 holes in the ceiling of the car...would anyone happen to have pics of the manual sunshade installed in their w202?

Holes and clip will be necessary (obviously included in the kit), pics will be welcome also for me, but in my mind I'm wondering a similar installation as the Volvo or any other rear manual sunshade (i.e. also aftermarket). MB manual sunshade I think differs only for the customized size and base placement.

Marco

MBenzNL
11-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by 1998K
About electric rear sunshade, for those that have already performed that modification, how many possibility does exist to adapt (kutting) the standard rear parcel to accept an electric sunshade?

It's really a lot of money!
The parcel itself is hardly 100 euro...and the rear deck fabric cover is glued onto the back side of the panel which will prevent it from getting loose in the sun...I wouldn't cut my own reardeck myself...especially not when you compare the deck costs with the actual shade costs...
Save money by ordering a 210 wire harness instead of a 202 one (half the price - same wiring except for the length of the ground cable and connectr at the fusebox side).

greetingz,

11-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
The parcel itself is hardly 100 euro...and the rear deck fabric cover is glued onto the back side of the panel which will prevent it from getting loose in the sun...I wouldn't cut my own reardeck myself...especially not when you compare the deck costs with the actual shade costs...
Save money by ordering a 210 wire harness instead of a 202 one (half the price - same wiring except for the length of the ground cable and connectr at the fusebox side).

greetingz,

thanks a lot MBenzNL, unfortunately, to save money I'm forced to chose manual shade!:bored: :bored: :bored: :(

Hi

Kswiss
03-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Is it possible to take the power/electric rear sunshade off of a 2000 clk and put in on 99 202? What is a parcel? Other parts needed? Is the center console piece drillable (to make space for the rear sunshade button) or will it crack? thanks

03-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Kswiss
Is it possible to take the power/electric rear sunshade off of a 2000 clk and put in on 99 202? What is a parcel? Other parts needed? Is the center console piece drillable (to make space for the rear sunshade button) or will it crack? thanks

I'm quite sure the clk will not fit the W202, probably someother may confirm. As far as the parcel, it's the rear cover (where the first aid kit is located), you need a new one or, as said, you can adapt your older but, it's a matter of well work to avoid damages. Probably better to buy a new one:(

Other parts should be already listed and posted: cable connection, button,....

As far the consolle, it can be drilled but, again be carefully to avoid damage.

That are the main reason I bought a rear manual shades cheaper than ab.550$/Euro:)

C Sport 6
03-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Someone asked how the manual shade attaches at the headliner.

The manual shade should come with 2 plastic pieces, that are shaped to fit in the top corners of the rear window where the headliner meets the rear window. The plastic "clips" have a groove molded into them, where the sunshade attaches on either side of the car when it is put up. They come with double sided tape, and hold well.

What doesnt hold well is the shade it self. As others have mentioned, my sunshade came loos from the rear parcel shelf. The self tapping screws lost their grip, and no longer hold the base of the shade down securely. Im planning on taking out the parcel shelf, and mounting new screws with nuts on the back to hold the base of the shade down permanently and securely. I'll probably weld it all together so the nuts dont loosen and fall off.

03-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by C Sport 6
What doesnt hold well is the shade it self. As others have mentioned, my sunshade came loos from the rear parcel shelf. The self tapping screws lost their grip, and no longer hold the base of the shade down securely. Im planning on taking out the parcel shelf, and mounting new screws with nuts on the back to hold the base of the shade down permanently and securely. I'll probably weld it all together so the nuts dont loosen and fall off.

this is really a bad problem. Sorry:(

The solution you are planning is the best one. You need only the time to dismount the parcel:)