PDA

View Full Version : lubro moly

D-money
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi
im still new to this site, and i was just wondering if any body else out here uses the lubro moly/lique moly brand oil in their 202's? If not, its made in germany and made for our cars, the oil is pretty pricy but your car will appreciate the oil much better then others.
So if any body else uses this, please comment on it.

http://www.focussport.com/lubromoly.htm

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/dimonb16/lubromoly.gif

C280/////AMG
06-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I checked it out and found it was way too pricey for street application. I've done quite a bit of research on these fully-synthetic oils and they really are considerably better than ordinary multigrade oil, but make sure you get the correct oil for the application.

I found the Mobil 1 is the best, although it's slightly pricey.

I use Castrol Edge. It's almost half the price of the Mobil 1, and my oil stays yellow/gold colour for about 6000 miles, before it even starts to go black. Just make sure you get the Castrol Edge, and not the Edge Sport.

jnolte
06-27-2007, 11:37 PM
is castrol edge fully synthetic?

Espresso
06-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
is castrol edge fully synthetic?

Why does it matter?
Not sure on other engines. But on my V6, as long as the oil meets 229.1 then it is good to go. It will not void warranties either...AS LONG as it meets specs.

joshm38
06-28-2007, 07:36 AM
i work at pepboys this guy that racers bimmers and porsches says purple royal is the best and yes its synthetic =]

jnenad16
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
as for the lubes available in the states, Redline is the best. I cant speak for other brands overseas.

nenad

omeyhomey
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Royal purple has been tested countless times by independent dyno testing to be by far the most superior oil available on the market today. I've tried 10 different oils and RP blew them all away (even redline). I've been on RP for the last few years and never looked back. Now that its available at Pepboys its no longer expensive anymore either so theres no excuse not to get it.

joshm38
06-28-2007, 03:42 PM
exactly

Espresso
06-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Just use what is acceptable for your engine. Plain & SIMPLE. Why try & reinvent the wheel?
Not all MB dealers use SYN oil these days. Pretty much only the AMG cars get it...depending on location.
Check out this site http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html , read the OM, talk to the dealership, & ask what they use & the viscosity. Then buy what YOU think is right for what YOU want to spend. Why spend $9/bottle on oil when you absolutely do not need to?

Ferrari uses Shell Helix Ultra, for their engines, yet I hear ALOT of people say "it sucks". I disscussed my engine at legenth with someone "from germany" & guess what. They (the company) recommended *GASP*...a SEMI-synthetic. I'll be damned. The s**t that came out of my engine from the "oh so holy" Mobil1 was horrible. I have changed my oil 3 times now & the engine runs smoother, cleaner & gets better gas mileage(even before driving in W). Granted I still have alot of blow-by, but oil will not cure that. Wow spending $140 for an oil change STILL causes engine damage.

This can be funny & amusing. But can someone please explain what
"the best oil" is? Especially for all kinds of different driving conditions, enviroments, engine modifications, driving stlye, ect
What ONE oil can be used ANYWHERE in the world & be better then the rest. I would LOVE to see info on that.

Lensolo
06-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I use Lubro Moly and I LIKE IT. Yah, it's expensive, but how often do we really need to change oil compared to other cars? Just change the oil yourself and save a bundle there. But, don't cut costs on oil.

svt ricco
06-28-2007, 10:14 PM
hey len, can you teach me how to change the oil? never done this thing on my car,i'm due in a couple of months. thanks in advance

Lensolo
06-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by svt ricco
hey len, can you teach me how to change the oil? never done this thing on my car,i'm due in a couple of months. thanks in advance

The only thing different from changing oil on this car compared to others is the location of the filter which is up top. You'll also need the filter wrench tool to get to it.

Do a search on here and you'll find plenty on it.

svt ricco
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
hey len, where can i get that oil filter wrench? thanks for your help man.. i'm really starting to learn a lot about my car thru you guys.

joshm38
06-29-2007, 09:49 PM
at pepboys man we got them their isle 16b lol