PDA

View Full Version : speakers - I need answers

Will_w202
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok, I have had this car for 3 and a half years, and I have NEVER gotten a solid answer from ANYONE, ANYWHERE, including searching. Crutchfield site doesnt have data on the 202, I have been told from diff people what I need, and none of it fits my needs. I want plain answers and I need your help

I need a new set of speakers. I want to go MB Quarts for the doors, for the dash and deck, I'm open

1) where can I get 4 MB Quarts online, for the best price and low-risk? WHAT SIZES do I need? IS it a 6.5 or IS it a 5.25?????
2) Some installer told me I should put 4 "sub speakers" in the rear deck. WTF are these? Whats a sub speaker and what would YOU put in the rear deck? Dash? 6x9s?? BRAND??
3) how many amps do I need? What brand model? Where can I get them online for the best price?

I have original shit speakers, so anything is an improvement. I have a Nak CD400 but I'm dumping it for an Alpine with XM capability, so HU not an issue. I DONT NEED A SHOW-GRADE SYSTEM!!!!!! ALL I WANT IS ROBUST MIDRANGE AND CLARITY!!!!! Something equivalent to a a modern-day HK factory MB system. THANKS!!

Denlasoul
07-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Information regarding size and locations are described here. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11779&highlight=Bose)

Will_w202
07-02-2007, 07:19 AM
This describes the Bose system, in metric measurements.

Mine is a non-Bose system and I need to know American sizes

And then, all my other questions......

Denlasoul
07-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Speaker sizes Take 2 (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=332&highlight=speaker+sizes)

FYI, you can convert metric to SAE. If you cant do that, I'd advise putting off working on the electronics.

benzonline
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Will_w202
This describes the Bose system, in metric measurements.

Mine is a non-Bose system and I need to know American sizes

And then, all my other questions......

NON-Bose system stock sizes:

Front doors: 5" speaker - you can fit a 6.5" with slight modification of the stock bracket by taking out the stock speaker.

Rear doors: 4" speaker - fit a 4" speaker

Rear shelf: 6" so called woofers.

expo5.0
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
why the focus on a particular brand of speakers?

Will_w202
07-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by expo5.0
why the focus on a particular brand of speakers?

I've heard the best things about them, and I've been casually exploring options for 3 years. If I don't settle on specifics, including where to buy them online, I'll never do the job

aflicted
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
dumping the nak just to get XM? .... <shoots himself> Are you selling the nak?

benzonline
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Speaking of speakers....I heard the BOSE in the new Altima..what the hell did MB do with Bose? I think all they did was pay them for the decals cause it doesnt give me chest pounding 108db sound like in the Nissan.

sensoryx
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by benzonline
Speaking of speakers....I heard the BOSE in the new Altima..what the hell did MB do with Bose? I think all they did was pay them for the decals cause it doesnt give me chest pounding 108db sound like in the Nissan.

heyy benzonline. I tried sending you a PM cause I had some questions regarding head units, but your inbox is full. Please clear a few message. Thanks :p

expo5.0
07-09-2007, 09:32 PM
you can quite easily have xm and that nak

i'm running alpine 7949 (with all the logos and stuff "shaved") which looks very appropriate in our dash--- which is a fairly similar unit and still have it set up for auxiliary inputs, dvd, etc.

bose pretty much sucks in everything

benzonline
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by sensoryx
heyy benzonline. I tried sending you a PM cause I had some questions regarding head units, but your inbox is full. Please clear a few message. Thanks :p

Hey man, ya my PM doesnt work and the entiire mailbox is empty. I dont know why it does this. Email me at
paskaonline@yahoo.com