View Full Version : Porting the M45

Cru328prod
07-02-2007, 06:43 AM
I emailed the people at Stiegemeier.com, they say they can port out our m45 superchargers for about 400 bucks for about 10-15wrhp gains. Anyone think this is worth it?

Proven Guilty
07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
that's a pretty loosely figured gain in horsepower. it never hurts to port intake elements though, and if you were to raise boost preassure, you would receive amplified gains.

the M45 on a c230k only runs about 5.5lbs with a stock pulley. put the coin on an asp pulley first, then do the porting.

Cru328prod
07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
thanks.....how much did it cost installed, and who installed the asp pulley?

xvvvz
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Google "ASP pulley" to find the pricing.

FWIW, Oberoi posted this note in another w202 forum today and the note supposedly originated in one of the R170 forums by a guy who just did the install:

-------------------

Sorry if I sound too emotional, but it just does! Literally! Great power increase! Just installed it yesterday. Thanks for all the advice, guys! This forum did help a lot with the dicision.

Few notes though.

On 2001 SLK it only requires the pulley and longer belt. No spark plugs change. No additional component removal nessesary for the installation (except for the belts of course). The whole process took me maybe just over one hour.

The hardest part was to loosen the pulley bolt and then to tighten it back up to 150 ft/lb. Even in the 6th gear engine would turn a bit, so I had to choke it through the flywheel accsess window on the tranny and use short sledge hummer to hit on the wrench till it moved.

When tightening I had to use both my feet to press on the torque wrench while lying on the ground and chocking the engine at the same time.

Pulling the old pulley off wasn't as hard as I expected. It was not seized at all, so slight tapping with the hammer made it move.

Cru328prod
07-03-2007, 04:14 AM
well i know the pulley cost about 600 bucks but i wonder how much would it cost for the stealership to do it