PDA

View Full Version : vents inside front fender

Logic
07-04-2007, 06:51 AM
recently i had a CAI done in my 99 c230 k sport and i had some concerns about the vents in the right front tire well, since the air filter is located in that pocket (and this is for guys who had there filter put there) should i have any concern about water going into those. i looked at it and noticed the vents point down but since the air filter acts like a vacuum should i cover them? or has anybody noticed them there and not worried about them.. i mean a good rain could get those wheel wells pretty wet ... what are those vents for anyways? and if i closed them up will there any concerns since i don't really don't know what they are for .....DES

C280/////AMG
07-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Ya, i considered it when installing the cai...i actually tested it out by splashing some water into that cone filter area, and noticed that the negative pressure caused by the filter isn't great enough to worry about at 2500rpm. i imagine if you're sitting at around 6000rpm the results would be different, but how long are you gonna be at that rpm for anyways? you're probably gonna be sitting at atound 2000-3000rpm in the wet anyways

OCKlasse
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I never had a problem with it...

Logic
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
ok just making sure ...going threw all possibilities here....thx for the info guys....