PDA

View Full Version : Relays.....Does this look right to anyone?

Cru328prod
07-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Im still working on my NOS system, and i really don't want to push and hold a button with one hand and drive fast with the other. So i figured to wire it too the kick down switch.

so does this look right to u guys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/icangivit2uma/nosrelay.jpg

Nelson Lago
07-05-2007, 07:24 AM
looks ok

Cru328prod
07-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
looks ok

I have no idea how to wire up relays, and i drew that out from what i read and google'd online. but do you guys think it would work, and also with the kickdown switch, is that the right side? errr only a test light will tell.

Logic
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM
did you say test light:eek: dude test light went out in the 80's the thing with test lights not only will they turn on with 6 volts they can screw up some sh*t you better use a multimeter when testing any wires as far as the relay set up it looks ok for what your doing the relay is going to trigger 12volts to the soleniod when pressed one very important thing i didn't see on your graph is a inline fuse rule of thumb , any time you run 12volts to something always fuse it with the correct fuse size. trust me it will save something from blown up , heartache and money too if something isn't wired right :cool:

Cru328prod
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
lmao what i ment to say was test it with my NEWWWW HANDY DANDY POWER PROBE 3 MUAHAHAHA, its absolutly amazing what that thing can do. I can hot wire chevy's in a flash with that bit*h. Even with the VATS lmao. I was to lazy to draw a fuse stop giving me such a hard time lol jp.........i know, no one does thess mod's so thats why i ask all these newb questions, but honestly.......i just ask to boost up my confidence level. *shurgs* now i just have to find that relay........stupied autozone doesnt have them...they just have the flashers one, anyone know where i can get that 1 relay?

Logic
07-05-2007, 08:24 PM
power probe? is it like a test light with a green l.e.d. and red l.e.d.? abd tells you ground or 12volts? if so its still not computer safe...always use a multimeter when testing , trust me i been doing electronics for 13 years now and i know what i m talking about LOL

Nelson Lago
07-05-2007, 08:26 PM
i think ZEX has a nitrous kit that automaticly turns on at wide open throttle (wot) all you have to do i think is splice the throttle wires at the throttle body. Then press a botton on a module and press the pedal all the way down and when the pedal is down hit the button agine and thats it. Its set a the kick down

Cru328prod
07-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Logic
power probe? is it like a test light with a green l.e.d. and red l.e.d.? abd tells you ground or 12volts? if so its still not computer safe...always use a multimeter when testing , trust me i been doing electronics for 13 years now and i know what i m talking about LOL

LISTEN OLD MAN LMFAO JP. i really don't know how to use a multimeter, i just look at it and be like WTF is all these nobs for lol. I don't want to use that thing from ZEX, i want more control over my nitrous. That stuff is dangerous.

Logic
07-06-2007, 05:17 PM
old man? hahahahaa hey know just cause i know some stuff doesn't make me old.... since you like all the cool stuff buy a fluke and figure it out LOL.. be the best 150. 00 you'll spend. hey since chris has been busy his email address in under MY C230K SPORT under members drop him a email and see what he'll charge you for that intake pipe .... everytime i call him he is like telling me for you to email him ....

Cru328prod
07-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Logic
old man? hahahahaa hey know just cause i know some stuff doesn't make me old.... since you like all the cool stuff buy a fluke and figure it out LOL.. be the best 150. 00 you'll spend. hey since chris has been busy his email address in under MY C230K SPORT under members drop him a email and see what he'll charge you for that intake pipe .... everytime i call him he is like telling me for you to email him ....

ok, i think he should just make a bunch and sell it on ebay for 500 bucks.............but just not 500 for me lmao

Logic
07-08-2007, 04:17 PM
i posted it the email address since your being lazy and not scrolling up on the posts in that area i told you LOL

Cru328prod
07-09-2007, 05:00 PM
well as i attempted to do this.......to wire everything up to the kick down switch, theres 2 wires, both of them don't work with the relay, so i looked underneath the car....and theres 1 big wire thats just a + wire thats always on. soooo this isn't gonna work out, unless you guys know what the problem is. The only other option is to wire it up to the T Body, but as i used a volt meter it seems that theres only 1 wire thats always on. which is the black 1. I tried everything........any help you guys?

Logic
07-11-2007, 07:35 AM
ok you say there is two wires? what do those wires show when the switch is pressed? maybe the switch is just sending a path threw the wires meaning when the switch is pressed the 2 wires make contact? meter your wires is it ground? relays can be wired for 12 volts or ground trigger so for instant if that wire is showing ground 85 is a ground (switch), then change the 86 to 12 volts make sure all other contacts on the relay are correct to.... again if you had that fluke you proubly would have figured it out hehehehe J/k

Cru328prod
07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
nope i've had everything correct, when i tapped into another 12v sorce it open'd up the nitrous. the whole thing is weird, i kinda gave up after my neck started hurting lol. Im just gonna buy a fly-by-wire switch from NOS