PDA

View Full Version : for c43 owners

svt ricco
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
what kind of bushings are you using? where's the best online site to get suspension components? lastly, what's the stock shocks for a 99 c43? i saw bilstein in mine, i was just wondering...thanks in advance

sig425
07-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by svt ricco
what kind of bushings are you using?[b]
factory rubber. Switching to urethane would improve handling response but it would also make it louder and transmit more vibration into the cab. I dig my posh amg ride so i dont plan to change to urethane for a "race set up" A better mod imo would be a strut tower brace. But the car doesnt have strut towers. There was a company who made an engine bay brace that did the same thing but it had to be welded in. Stiffer springs would also accomplish the same thing (less body roll) but at the expense of comfort. I chose progressive rate springs so straight line ride would still be smooth.

where's the best online site to get suspension components? depends on the part. I have always purchased my bilstein shocks from
http://www.eshocks.com/

I got my springs from tire rack

lastly, what's the stock shocks for a 99 c43? i saw bilstein in mine, i was just wondering...thanks in advance

yes, its a bilstein sport shock from amg but not the same shock as if you ordered it from eshocks. FWIW I am using the stock amg shock with my lowering springs with no ill effect. 2 years now. I suspect that the aftermarket bilstein would have a stronger rebound rate = stiffer ride based on other shock swaps i have done.

JRE320
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Bilstein sport shocks way to go. ;)

Lensolo
07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
bilstien/koni is like HKS/GReddy, Ford/Chevy. With this particular item, I think it's preference really.

I prefer the Koni yellow adj. because that's what I have and I love the ride. They've also been to Willow Springs Big Track and all over the streets from SD to Vegas. I like Koni. But, not to say I don't like/recommend Bilstein.

Well, this post was pretty much useless. HAHAHAH Sorry ricco!

svt ricco
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
yo len, got my 18's!! our cars are twins now...actually not yet, still have to get my h&r's first. but mine is low if you look at it. will post my before and after pics when i'm done modding

hvmercy
07-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Bilstein sport shocks way to go. ;)

:werd:

allirroz
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by hvmercy
:werd:

TIP: on bilsteins- cheaper than anyone else on the web

http://importecparts.com/

Lensolo
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by svt ricco
yo len, got my 18's!! our cars are twins now...actually not yet, still have to get my h&r's first. but mine is low if you look at it. will post my before and after pics when i'm done modding

Yeah. Get Bilstein so we won't be so twinsy!:D

svt ricco
07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
will do after i put on my sound system, dunno how heavy my box will be so lowering will be my last mod :)