PDA

View Full Version : help help help..sunroof!

benzo23
07-15-2007, 08:58 AM
well today i was driving and opened my sunroof from the switch...drove for about 10 more min and then went to close it...and to my suprise it didnt close...no sound or anything i moved the switch into the open mode and i head it click, but then nothing happened the other way..and ideas..thoughts?...and please hurry i live in FL where we have daily afternoon thunderstorms and i am SOL...thanks...

benzo23
07-15-2007, 08:59 AM
oh and already checked the fuse...

anf6789
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
do you have the sunroof tool?, it looks like a sorta s shape tool. you take the left map light cover off, just pull it off. there is then a spot to put the tool in and turn it to close the roof by hand. it is also in the manual on how to do this.

Nelson Lago
07-15-2007, 11:31 AM
its a allen tool use that

benzo23
07-15-2007, 12:51 PM
ok its manually shut...now what the hell was wrong and how do i resolve the non working foward button

ECTurboGSX
07-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Try holding the sunroof button in the close position for 10 seconds and then try again. This is supposed to reset the switch. Often time, when the sunroof is open and it won't close, you can push the button for another function and it will close. When I bought mine, it would open but wouldn't close when pressing the switch forward. However, if I pressed the switch up for the sun roof to vent, it would close. Mercedes electronics for you. Give that a try and keep the tool near by.

SLAMMED_C
07-15-2007, 03:38 PM
so you can open your sunroof but not close is using the normal funtion of the switch (pressing it forward to close)?
what if you are to open it but pull the switch down (like you had popped up the sunroof and now closing it)
does that work. if it does, hold the switch down for 5 seconds.
then try it the normal way and see if it works.
it may not be normalized.

did you have the battery disconnected recently?

benzo23
07-15-2007, 06:37 PM
everything was in perfect working cond. very very strange, but i did the reset trick by pusing up towards the roof for about 10 sec and it worked...thank god because its raining as i speak...very strange...thank you all for the advice...G