View Full Version : phfff.....

vinnie201
07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I had a locksmith try to change the ignition lock cylinder out of my car (my key wouldnt budge in the ignition). I thought he would do something like drill it out but he actually starting taking my whole damn car apart. he took gauges out dropped steering wheel along along with shaft (he disconnected the upper from he lower to remove the ignition switch steering lock and lock cylinder assembly. It also looks like my e brake wire is hanging out near the release tab or (hopefully) its supposed to be that way. well he got the whole assembly out but i dont really feel think he knows what the hell he is doing, although he claims he does. on friday he got the assembly out but he claimed that it wasnt the tumbler it was the igintion switch and to go buy a new one. so naturally i want to kick his ass. i ordered a whole new lock housing (includes ignition switch and i already have new tumbler)however it does say that it does not include an interlock pawl? can this be taken off the old assembly and put on the new assembly, also i was thinking about telling this guy to go f&ck himself and finish myself (he scratched my cluster glass and top of steering wheel. i am pissed becuase this dropped steering has me worried. do you guys think i am overreacting or should i tell him to kick rocks. or let him finish (i did take pictures of everything in case i have to sue the life out of him). i havent driven my car in 3 weeks and i am sick of walking to the gym. i cant even put the rieger kit on my car becuase i cant freakin move it!!! someone? anyone?

jnolte
07-18-2007, 07:51 PM
this is why you go to a good european mechanic

trymonlam
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
where are u in CT? i believe there are quite a few good shops in the fairfield county.
talk to the guy, ask for a discount and a garrentee, then don't ever use him again.

alphanumeric
07-19-2007, 07:49 AM
relax, and let the poor guy do his job, since nothing is actually wrong with his work so far.