PDA

View Full Version : cluster lights

vinnie201
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
i have a question changing some of my gauge lights to leds (clock, odometer, temp and back lights) however i broke one led contact tab. so i put a stock bulb back in place (odometer)until another led arrives. Now when I go to mount my cluster all of my lights stay on on the left and right sides and my leds wont work or speedometer tachometer engine temp wont work. i checked for frayed wires and fuses and everthing seemed ok. can anyone help??

1995c280
07-27-2007, 02:48 AM
pull the leds back out and rotate them. there is a positive and a negative side. you have it reversed!

Jason

vinnie201
07-27-2007, 03:53 AM
its weird tho becuase i will turn key to see if lights work when dash is loose, and the lights work including leds, then i push cluster in and all hell all breaks loose as described above, i was thinking loose connector and the bigger one does seem a little loose (and i mean barely like i dont know if im being ocd or something). i used electricla parts cleaner and that didnt help. Maybe its the leds?? leds from hell!! is there anything i can do this is a real pain.

Nelson Lago
07-27-2007, 06:14 PM
ya sounds like the led's are thay loose. try wiggleing them thay should be tight

vinnie201
07-29-2007, 08:46 AM
for some reason my connector wires were funky, it took me about an hour to get them to work correctly and they do but i am never going to take em out again (hopefully)

Nelson Lago
07-30-2007, 06:20 AM
really my car the connector is so easy to remove then agine i have a 99