PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau/Other Racing Seats

JasonH
09-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I have a few questions for all of you that have installed Corbeau or other racing style seats:

Does anyone know the weight of stock 202 seats (both power & manual controlled)?
Do you know the weight of your racing seats?
What seat mounts did you use (stock or universal provided by manufacturer of your seats)?
Can you adjust the height of your seat (as well as front to back)?
Finally, anyone know where I could get a good deal?

Thanks,
Jason

Renn 208
09-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JasonH

What seat mounts did you use (stock or universal provided by manufacturer of your seats)?

Hey Lu! It's story time!

I'mma grab me some milk and cookies.

Luwin1026
09-04-2003, 04:16 PM
I have a few questions for all of you that have installed Corbeau or other racing style seats:

Does anyone know the weight of stock 202 seats (both power & manual controlled)?
Do you know the weight of your racing seats?

Negative :(

Universal seat base from Corbeau, bolted down to the floor of my car as no one makes a bracket for the 202, and if you custom make one, it will have to be really, really low.

Can you adjust the height of your seat (as well as front to back)?

Height is non-adjustable. My seat slides front to back, as well as reclines. It all depends on each specific model of the seat, however.

Finally, anyone know where I could get a good deal?

If you wait a week or so, I *might* be putting up my seats for sale. If not, call Sander at The Wheel Supply for they are a Corbeau dealer.

Best of luck!

Luwin1026
09-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Hey Lu! It's story time!

I'mma grab me some milk and cookies.

Good call, AJ :D

JRE320
09-04-2003, 04:30 PM
If you would prefer Recaro I can probably get you a good deal plus you can order them customized the color that you would like. Recaro also got the bracket if you need one.

JasonH
09-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Luwin - which seat model did you have? (I am in contact with Corbeau and getting some weights from them)
Were your seats all black... I can't remember? Let me know on the price if you do want to sell them... I'd definitely be interested.

JRE - I would certainly be interested in finding out more on the Recaro's. The goal here is that I am looking for a seat that is light (much lighter than stock) but also still reclines.

I prefer all black.

TIA,
Jason

Luwin1026
09-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Jason,

I have the all-black CR-1's with their red 3-point double-release harness.

(Harnesses not shown in this pic
http://www.eurotuner.com/eurotuner/featuredvehicles/p180897_image_large.jpg

JasonH
09-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Luwin, email me with what you would want for them if you decide to sell them.

I'm still waiting for Corbeau to email me back, and unfortunately forgot to ask them about the weight of the CR1 in my original request (hopefully it will be included in their reply anyway).

I know you don't know the specific weight, but would you say it was significantly lighter than the stock seats (judging from when you took them out)?

Thanks,
Jason

jasonhenshaw@yahoo.com

Luwin1026
09-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Luwin, email me with what you would want for them if you decide to sell them.

I'm still waiting for Corbeau to email me back, and unfortunately forgot to ask them about the weight of the CR1 in my original request (hopefully it will be included in their reply anyway).

I know you don't know the specific weight, but would you say it was significantly lighter than the stock seats (judging from when you took them out)?

Thanks,
Jason

jasonhenshaw@yahoo.com

Yes, I would say that they are significantly lighter than the factory seats - the factory suckers are heavy!!!!

JRE320
09-05-2003, 08:13 PM
If you're going to get the Recaros without all the motors underneath the seats definitely lighter than the OEM ones.
Black is not a problem and also will reclined.

714guy
09-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Jre320

Can you get one recaro with tan cloth or leather??? and whats the ballpark for one??

Thanks

JRE320
09-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
Jre320

Can you get one recaro with tan cloth or leather??? and whats the ballpark for one??

Thanks

Yes!! why not... ball park figure around $525 + shipping for the leather side bet. $850-950. This is only guestimate. The cloth one
I'm sure of it coz I've check that one if ever I'm going to get one myself. ;)