PDA

View Full Version : My sister's W202: Convince her to not be a stupid shi!@

Dr. ///AMG
09-04-2003, 05:13 PM
She is stubborn: She wants 19's. She never even fucking got a car that was a) lowered, b) wheels bigger than 16's.

She wanted 17's and then 18's because she saw I had them, so I I convinced my dad to let her get 18's. Now she hears I get 19's and she wants them because "Luwin has them" and everyone on TWS does too.

I Told her that she'll have rear camber problems with it unless she gets a camber kit with wheels so big.

Then in the rain, it'll be a mofo to drive because she's not used to so little treadwear compared to regular 16's and will probably hydroplane in a wall.

Finally, she drives fucking too much and does't know shit about rotation etc, and she'll wear them up fast.

So, vote up, and post your opinion.

nokia8860
09-04-2003, 05:32 PM
I voted yes.

why?

Because you should buy 18s then when she figures out that she doesnt want 19 you can say.. hey there lovin sis i'll be a good sport and trade you wheels.

then your 210 can ride on 19 :D

Remember I too am an older brother and thus think like one as well :D

Scotty-C190E
09-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
I Told her that she'll have rear camber problems with it unless she gets a camber kit with wheels so big.

I thought it was only lowering the car that made the camber negative? Not big wheels? :confused:

Dr. ///AMG
09-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
I thought it was only lowering the car that made the camber negative? Not big wheels? :confused:

The bigger the wheel, the worse the problem, no?

Anyway, she can't back out since she put a deposit, so HA!

Dr. ///AMG
09-04-2003, 10:08 PM
ok, I cooled off. She can make me mad sometimes! GRRRRR.

Anyway, she's better off w/ 18's.

JRE320
09-04-2003, 11:10 PM
Told u before about lowering her car. U don't want to slammed it to low for her coz this is her 1st lowered car. You are the initiator of all this modding for her. Now she wants something that she don't even know what she's getting into. U are the foo... clown... :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

Dr. ///AMG
09-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Told u before about lowering her car. U don't want to slammed it to low for her coz this is her 1st lowered car. You are the initiator of all this modding for her. Now she wants something that she don't even know what she's getting into. U are the foo... clown... :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

exactly, she thinks because she drove 30 miles w/ my car, that she knows how to drive a lowered car. I mean shoot, her w202 is lower because of the skirts, and mine didnt even have that.

Anyway, I just hope she doesn't trash the car on parking cement blocks or anything like that.

pnsji
09-04-2003, 11:53 PM
It's her car mang. so let her decide on what's best for her :)

Dr. ///AMG
09-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
It's her car mang. so let her decide on what's best for her :) But the problem is that she dosnt know what's best for her. For her it's because it's 19, it's bigger, it's better, it's nicer. Only sees the nice things about it, but doesn't think any further.

JRE320
09-05-2003, 01:10 AM
You should let her drive your car first with your new 19's with 35 series and see what she think of the ride. If she changes her mind then you can put her 19's to your Dad's car. ;)

pnsji
09-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
But the problem is that she dosnt know what's best for her. For her it's because it's 19, it's bigger, it's better, it's nicer. Only sees the nice things about it, but doesn't think any further.
bigger IS better :D

Luwin1026
09-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
bigger IS better :D

Can't argue with that!! :D

Question is - who's paying for the wheels? If she is, then let her make the decision - warn her about the possible things that can happen with 19's, both positive and negative. She'll get the looks, the turned heads, even more guys jocking her because she's running 19's, etc., but at the risk of wheel damage on potholes, etc.

If and when we ever lower Jane's car, she knows she is going 19's for sure. That's the reason why she hasn't lowered it yet - no money for the 19's she wants. I told her that it'd be ok to roll on stockies and a lowered car, but she wants to do it right all at once. She knows the risks of running 19's, to her it's worth it.

Rocky
09-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Just get dubs for yourself and tell her she can't fit dubs on a c-class hehehe

1SIKBNZ
09-05-2003, 10:04 AM
i know alot of you guys are in this for the speed factor and dont get me wrong i LOVE goin fast ( 135 yeasterday ) hehehe but once i get my 19's its gunna be more show than go. i know that doesnt always have to be the case but i think it will be for the better cause of the way i should drive with the 19's.... slow mobbin!!! :D

Dr. ///AMG
09-05-2003, 10:17 AM
YEA also, she's paying mad money for gas as of now, so w/ boat anchors 19's, she's gonna be crying.

She's paying for them wheels, but all is well now, she wisened up.

Ozzie Bob
09-12-2003, 01:13 AM
It's great to see a brother looking out for his siter like that, very rare of the sibling I know!

A lowered car can be a headache! I can't park my car 'nose first' coz I'll rip my bumper bar off - and it's factory height! :eek:

If she insists on learning the hard way, just stand back and say "I told you so"