PDA

View Full Version : one side sits lower than the other?

sensoryx
08-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Alright. So heres whats up. The two rear are the same height. However, front passenger side sits lower than the front driver side. (and no there isnt a passenger in the car at that time lol)

Im running on H&Rs and stock shocks. Im guessing the shocks is my problem? Thinking its time to get new ones. Is that going to fix my problem?

strictlyspeakin
08-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I doubt it. Shocks don't support the car springs do.

Maybe if there was a completely shot shock it might make a slight difference but I wouldn't count on it.

You mentioned H&R's. When they went in did the pads change? What kind of difference in height are you talking about?

The obvious stuff, you don't have a spare on do you? :p

sensoryx
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by strictlyspeakin
I doubt it. Shocks don't support the car springs do.

Maybe if there was a completely shot shock it might make a slight difference but I wouldn't count on it.

You mentioned H&R's. When they went in did the pads change? What kind of difference in height are you talking about?

The obvious stuff, you don't have a spare on do you? :p

haha hmm its just a slight difference. Like the driver side can fit 1 finger in, but the passenger cant (maybe half a finger if I could cut it in half? lol)

The springs were professionally installed, but all the pads are the stock #4 pads, nothing was changed there.
So it wont be the shocks eh? Well as low (on cash) as I am right now, im going to get new bilstein shocks on along with my new wheels. Then ill take a look to see if its still slightly dropped on one side:confused:

strictlyspeakin
08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
So you are talking about a difference on the order of a quarter of an inch.

If you've got the motivation, try removing the nuts on the top of the shock column on the passenger side.

It'll check to see if the shock is holding the car down (like it's not long enough). A long shot indeed since you said these were stock shocks. But a simple enough test to perform.

Have the springs been in long enough to work themselves back into the lowest resting position. I've read in here about springs sometimes not being quite all the way seated after an install. No personal experience here though.

kevinzorz
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I remember a thread that covered this topic. The conclusion was that on STOCK 202's the drivers side sits a bit higher to compensate for the weight of the driver. However since your car is running on aftermarket springs and shocks, I am not sure why it does that.

sensoryx
08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
hmm thanks for everyones input

Whats the difference between the Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and the Sport Shocks. Which one do you guys recommend?

RemoLexi
08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
ive also noticed this after lowering my car.

but, now that im not running any spring pads it looks normal. it could be that you have an old spring pad which is compressed too much ? :confused:

Logic
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
i agree with remo...check those pads. when i had h&r springs put on i had i height difference in the rear , found out the pad shifted a little which made it higher on one side. as far as the shocks go if i recall the sports shocks are self leveling .

ludachris
08-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Lowered my old 97 c280 with the H&R cup kit and #1 pads all the way around. With 18" wheels and over 2" of drop in the front it rubbed over bumps on both sides.

However i noticed that it rubbed on the passenger side way more often then the drivers side because for some reason the passenger side sat just a little bit lower. I never really found out the cause but i checked the pads, springs and shocks and they were all fine. My mechanic told me that it might be because of how the engine sits in the car. The weight being shifted slightly to the passenger side.

ImportPR
08-28-2007, 03:59 AM
my car actually sits lower on the left side(driver side on a LHD car). maybe 1/4 of an inch or less.

OCKlasse
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ImportPR
my car actually sits lower on the left side(driver side on a LHD car). maybe 1/4 of an inch or less.

same as mine...very obvious when you raise the car. If I sit on the passenger side and raise the car, it counterbalances for it and the car is even.