PDA

View Full Version : windsheild replacement issues-C43

tinter101
08-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I recently went through quite an ordeal getting my winshield
replaced on my C43. I had 2 dime size stone dings and had to do it. I told my insurance company that I demanded factory glass, no
aftermarket bargain glass. They fought me and said because of the age of the vehicle they wouldn't pay for OEM glass. After the glass company assured me that it would be OK, I reluctantly agreed. They sent the glass to my tintshop and I tinted the whole windshield in 40% tint. Long story short, because of the rain sensor feature, the windshield wouldn't work. It was a PPG
glass but not OEM. In the end and weeks later they finally paid for
the OEM glass and then paid me $150 for tinting it too. If you
have the rain senson feature, insist on OEM glass.

Denlasoul
08-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks Tinter.

Do you have any more information on why the OEM works and replacement does not?

tinter101
08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Just drove my car today in light rain for the first time since the windshield was replaced and guess what? My rain sensor still DOESN'T WORK! The first aftermarket glass had a peel and stick
gel thing for the sensor and when they stuck it to the windshield
it left little bubbles in it and the sensor thought they were rain drops and therefore kept the wiper moving. The OEM glass had this sensor pad built in already. But now it still doesn't work.

jnolte
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by tinter101
Just drove my car today in light rain for the first time since the windshield was replaced and guess what? My rain sensor still DOESN'T WORK! The first aftermarket glass had a peel and stick
gel thing for the sensor and when they stuck it to the windshield
it left little bubbles in it and the sensor thought they were rain drops and therefore kept the wiper moving. The OEM glass had this sensor pad built in already. But now it still doesn't work.

so what now?

tinter101
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
The glass company told me that they are ordering me a new module whatever that means. For now I just wait.

noops
08-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I had my windscreen (with rain sensor) replaced about two weeks ago by RAC autowindscreens and thankfully (touch wood)I've not had a problem at all, I think you've been most unfortunate and I hope you manage to get it resolved.