PDA

View Full Version : HP increase...

C230KSPORT00
08-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey guys i have stock 2000 c230 kompressor that puts ot about 190hp and wanted to add some Hp for the streets....so if you guys could give me some mods that wold give me some quick Hp i would really appriciate it. Thanks

jabu
08-22-2007, 07:40 PM
yes please everyone help us both :)

chewiguy
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster.

C230KSPORT00
08-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by chewiguy
Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster. stickers will make my car faster??

hvmercy
08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster.

And putting this kind of comment will
make you smarter. :rolleyes:

Proven Guilty
08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
sigh. i swear i'm going to post a thread and drop so many keywords and have it stickied in every single thread that we can't possibly add to the dozens and dozens of threads like this one.

jabu
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
to the poster above, not to be rude but.....huh??? it would be easier to find things if the forum was segregatted into the different C models available. a general search with find you a bunch of useless post with only a few that are worthwhile.

xvvvz
08-22-2007, 08:21 PM
>>Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster.<<

The red ones make your car go faster than the white ones.

Proven Guilty
08-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jabu
to the poster above, not to be rude but.....huh??? it would be easier to find things if the forum was segregatted into the different C models available. a general search with find you a bunch of useless post with only a few that are worthwhile.

http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/search.jpg

chewiguy
08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I disagree with you Jabu. If only you spend the time to search you will seriously find almost everything you need. Not only on this forum but others like mbworld and benzworld.org. That's why I made that ridiculous comment about stickers for this topic that has been brought up over and over again.

But I will still contribute to this thread seriously.

Instead of spending tons of money on minor increases in hp, try getting the most out of what you already have by doing weight reduction mods such as lighter wheels, removing the spare, taking out your back seats, cf hood.

Otherwise some other mod options include custom intake, full catback exhaust (both which won't do a whole lot except fill the streets with testosterone filled noise) and the pully kit from omeyhomey (if he has one for your engine). We have some extremely dedicated modders who have spent lots of time and money on turbo kits and nitrous but in all honesty, your car isn't going to be a racing beast.

I'm instead focusing my money on "low and slow" so I've upgraded my suspension and wheels for great fun on the twisties and a distinct styling. Your benz is a luxury sedan so treat it like one. Stop racing on the streets and start flashing the emblem like a status symbol of "not poor" unlike the kids with the decked out civics.

Just my opinion but to each his own.

Good luck with the car.

Nelson Lago
08-22-2007, 08:59 PM
ya dude im with you one that one people need to search only one thing i havent found is how or how easy is it to chang shocks or springs

chewiguy
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
If you haven't seen it done before, it's pretty difficult. If you have witnessed it, then the steps are alot easier to understand. You'll also need a spring compressor for the front springs.

omeyhomey
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
weight weight weight weight weight.... reduce as much of it as humanly possible. a good 150-200lbs will do wonders for the car.

Do a custom exhaust setup, ditch the whole stock system. Custom magnaflow setup will drop alot of weight (very important) and help that supercharged 4-banger breathe more. a single 2.5" setup is all the flow you'd ever need. run high flow cats and 22" magnaflow resonator and magnaflow muffler (either 14" stand alone muffler + tips or the shorter all-in-one stainless muffers (loudest). Also MAKE SURE you do mandrel bends.

Section 8
08-23-2007, 01:33 PM
and if people keep searching there will be hardly no new treads and lees people signing up

"dont reg with that site thay all wize asses that cant awnser a simple fuckin question"

Denlasoul
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
This site is not about how many people we have as Members.

Our number one priority is to have a site with useful information regarding a car we all love.

Having multiple Threads of the same thing is useless and counterproductive, and frankly the main reason why you do not see Senior Members chiming in more often.

I'd rather have 5 Members with useful information then 1000000000000 Members and multiple Threads that have been answered and addressed over and over and over again.

edit: on topic, doing an engine swap will be very difficult and costly. Your best bet would be to look into ECU tuning or upgrading the car as a whole. Oh yeah, dropping weight will help too.

AirPost
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
In a Forum, there will always be a "newbie" - that's a fact. IMO, there are two categories for a "newbie", the newbie that has been around from other forums and the newbie that is not familiar with forums and just so happens to join this one. It's the newbie that has been around and knows to do a search first before posting a very common topic that should get sarcastic remarks for posting without searching first. The other newbie should get a nice pat on the back and given a proper, informative direction like a one liner "Pls do a search since this topic has been covered before" should do the trick. The problem is, no one knows which category a newbie is, that is why we should treat all newbies as the second type and just reply properly. Innocent 'till proven guilty scenario. And I totally agree with Denlasoul - Quality over Quantity is what makes a forum stand out.

Anyways, going back to the topic too...

C230KSport00, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want agressive mods, then engine swaps/turbocharging/supercharging is probably your route. Since you mentioned "quick hp" mods, then intake/exhaust and weight reduction is the way to go. What I did to my C230 right after I got it was to bring back it's glory days when it was new. The 190hp you are talking about is probably when it was brand new. Overtime, the fi get's clogged-up, your MAF sensor gets inaccurate and other parts integral to your car's performance starts to deteriorate. So, if you haven't done so, I would first start rejuvenating the parts in your car by doing FI cleaning, MAF cleaning, etc... And the least expensive of all, weight-reducing.

C230KSPORT00
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for everyones help and sorry for not searching enough before i asked a question. But i still have one question what do you mean by MAF and FI cleaning? Sorry in advance if its a well known term. Thanks

Nelson Lago
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
AMEN

Denlasoul
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
Thanks for everyones help and sorry for not searching enough before i asked a question. But i still have one question what do you mean by MAF and FI cleaning? Sorry in advance if its a well known term. Thanks

MAF/MAS = Mass Air Flow or Mass Ais Sensor
FI = Fuel Injectors

One problem with cars is that these two items collect dirt and grime over the years. It inhibits the car from running at its peak performance.

Go over the basics, change the air, fuel filters. Have your tranny serviced, check the plugs, have the MAS and FI checked out. Make sure your car is running 100%, then go after the mods.

c55m8o
08-24-2007, 06:25 AM
In addition to weight reduction and all other points mentioned, go for the lightest rims, and more importantly, tires, you can find! This will reduce the moment of inertia of the tire + rim combo the most and make it easier for your engine to get them turning on acceleration.

I can suggest OZ Supperleggera rims and Michelin tires. Out of the only three tires I'd consider in the 'extreme performance' category, the Michelin is the lightest, then Dunlop, then Bridgestone.

Switchblind360
08-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Another great place for light rims/tires is www.edgeracing.com.

Its tough to argue with 17" rims < 19 lbs for $139 a piece.

I had a set of 17 lb rims on my Audi S4 before I sold it. I figured at $99 a piece, if something went wrong, I'd just buy another. I never had to do that.

C230KSPORT00
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Cool. Thanks for all the info everyone.

speedybenz
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
With all my efforts going into making a car handle and go fast I really looked hard at the C230K. With the lightest engine and the same chassis as a AMG C43 I think you can make a C230K really go like mad.

The motor should not be too hard to get 300 Hp with a Superchager replacement and some head work, intake and exhaust and I know the 202chassis can get it done around the corners.

Think of speed like this: If you never have slow down, then you never have to speed up.

Jeff

C230KSPORT00
08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
With all my efforts going into making a car handle and go fast I really looked hard at the C230K. With the lightest engine and the same chassis as a AMG C43 I think you can make a C230K really go like mad.

The motor should not be too hard to get 300 Hp with a Superchager replacement and some head work, intake and exhaust and I know the 202chassis can get it done around the corners.

Think of speed like this: If you never have slow down, then you never have to speed up.

Jeff When you say a supercharged replacement do you mean replacing it with a new or used one?

Nelson Lago
08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
a new one that can get more hp

C230KSPORT00
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
a new one that can get more hp Where do yo think i would be able to find one. And how much you think? Thanks

speedybenz
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, A new supercharger that is a Keene-Bell, Magnacharger or Kleemann type that would pump more air into the engine and also would continue to pump air up to redline which could also be moved up to 7000 to 7500 rpm.

Man if you could get the car down to 2800 lbs or so you would have both a cornering rocket but also a car that would come off the corners very hard too.

Jeff

C230KSPORT00
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Do you guys know where i could find one of those superchargers to replace mine? Like a website or soething. Thanks

speedybenz
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
You can go to the Whipple site and look, etc. But none of the companies that produce the superchargers are going to have something you could bolt to your car.

But ince you have a 4-cylinder the cost to build a custom intake manifold or to modify yours would not be too ourageous of an expense. Costly, yes but not Renntech pricey.

Also the company in San Jose did some pretty good work with the stock compontes and ended up with 240Hp(Is this close?).

But if you spend you money on light wheels, light battery, lighter exhaust and a header of course and lighter brakes and such, your car will handle so much better, and go much faster everywhere there are corners. Then save the engine money and spend it on track day schools like NASA or others for some real fun. Plus you will become a much better driver. No let me say a much, much, much, much better driver

Jeff

omeyhomey
08-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
In addition to weight reduction and all other points mentioned, go for the lightest rims, and more importantly, tires, you can find! This will reduce the moment of inertia of the tire + rim combo the most and make it easier for your engine to get them turning on acceleration.

I can suggest OZ Supperleggera rims and Michelin tires. Out of the only three tires I'd consider in the 'extreme performance' category, the Michelin is the lightest, then Dunlop, then Bridgestone.

YES!! finally somebody that realizes that :) . Also very key.

c55m8o
08-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Speedybenz reminds us of the special place the non-V8 W202 has in his heart, as that's the one he started with. ;) Jeff, don't tell C230KSPORT00 you have one of the rare C43/55 swaps tho, you'll get him thinking this whole thing! :D

Jeff reminds us of the other thing not mentioned previously, battery. From one of Jeffs threads years back, I purchased this a month ago:
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925series.htm

The differnce in weight, and size, is laughable. Something like 55lbs for the stock and 24.5 for this one... (I did loose some traction! lol ) Don't expect to use the stock battery clamps however. I used a bunch of piecs of expandable styrafoam wedging it in place with strategically placed plastic on top to protect the (+) terminal.

As the 5.4L E55 engine has pleanty of torque, I don't need a Roots or Lysholm (sic) type SC if I want more. I had been considering a custom supercharger setup with one of these:
http://www.powerdyne.com/superchargers.htm

Having a 4 cylinder there's a much lower capacity of air flowing then the V8. So you have to size the CFM capacity properly. i.e., you have a lot of reading and learning to do before you try anything like this. The key to a supercharged engine is also -not- boost... it is -air-flow- !!! "Boost" is "bad" (for an engine that's not built for it, with a low compression ratio and stonger internals), as I'm equating "boost" with increased pressure and that denotes a increase in air temperature. You want the increase in air-flow from a bigger supercharger (or turbo) to 'fly' into and out of the cylinders as quickly and easily as possible. THAT is when your supercharging system is working effectively and efficiently. You're then increasing the airflow with a bigger SC then you have now but not increasing the air temperature (an undue amount), because your intake manifold isn't suffering from an undue & excessive increase in air back-pressure.

So what does all this mean...? You -have- to do hi-flow intake system, headers, cat and exhaust (ALL hi-flow ) first if you decide to step up the supercharger.

Or, you can stick with the roots type for lower RPM torque but not as much gains at hi-rpm torque, i.e. power, as you can attain with the above supercharger.
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/models.htm

You probably have the SC with the flow of the MP45 now. (other here know I'm sure) You can consider stepping up to the MP62 -IF- you add hi-flow intake, headers, cat and exhaust, only.

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Speedybenz reminds us of the special place the non-V8 W202 has in his heart, as that's the one he started with. ;) Jeff, don't tell C230KSPORT00 you have one of the rare C43/55 swaps tho, you'll get him thinking this whole thing! :D

Jeff reminds us of the other thing not mentioned previously, battery. From one of Jeffs threads years back, I purchased this a month ago:
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925series.htm

The differnce in weight, and size, is laughable. Something like 55lbs for the stock and 24.5 for this one... (I did loose some traction! lol ) Don't expect to use the stock battery clamps however. I used a bunch of piecs of expandable styrafoam wedging it in place with strategically placed plastic on top to protect the (+) terminal.

As the 5.4L E55 engine has pleanty of torque, I don't need a Roots or Lysholm (sic) type SC if I want more. I had been considering a custom supercharger setup with one of these:
http://www.powerdyne.com/superchargers.htm

Having a 4 cylinder there's a much lower capacity of air flowing then the V8. So you have to size the CFM capacity properly. i.e., you have a lot of reading and learning to do before you try anything like this. The key to a supercharged engine is also -not- boost... it is -air-flow- !!! "Boost" is "bad" (for an engine that's not built for it, with a low compression ratio and stonger internals), as I'm equating "boost" with increased pressure and that denotes a increase in air temperature. You want the increase in air-flow from a bigger supercharger (or turbo) to 'fly' into and out of the cylinders as quickly and easily as possible. THAT is when your supercharging system is working effectively and efficiently. You're then increasing the airflow with a bigger SC then you have now but not increasing the air temperature (an undue amount), because your intake manifold isn't suffering from an undue & excessive increase in air back-pressure.

So what does all this mean...? You -have- to do hi-flow intake system, headers, cat and exhaust (ALL hi-flow ) first if you decide to step up the supercharger.

Or, you can stick with the roots type for lower RPM torque but not as much gains at hi-rpm torque, i.e. power, as you can attain with the above supercharger.
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/models.htm

You probably have the SC with the flow of the MP45 now. (other here know I'm sure) You can consider stepping up to the MP62 -IF- you add hi-flow intake, headers, cat and exhaust, only. C55, thanyou for writing all that out for me but to be honest i do't know what most of it ment...its clear to me that you know alot mre about cars then i do.. do yo think you can put that into simpliar terms please. Thankyou

c55m8o
08-25-2007, 10:03 AM
honestly, I'm writing in the simplest terms I know (with assumptions of certain understand of how an engine operates internally). The world is your oyster with the Internet. You can't become educated w/o reading. I recommend you just read a lot on the topic of supercharger theory, if you plan to do anything in that regard. Let me see if I can find some other writings I've done or things I've read... (I'm using 'search' to search for posts with my handle, or previous handle '98c43amg', and the term 'boost' or 'flow' and 'airflow' ... hint hint ;) )

OK, I'm back...

Thread on this very subject:
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5664&highlight=flow
With my elaboration on this topic under my previous handle, 98c43amg.

Ah, and another article I wrote on the subject; please read this:
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1080&highlight=airflow

If after reading the second link, you have any questions about any particular concept or words even, let me know. Answering that will be much more possible then elaborating on everything blindly.

Here's a link regarding what a joke those 'electronic' superchargers are discussing the theory of airflow, CFM, and cubic inch displacement.
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9767&highlight=airflow

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 10:33 AM
After reading both links i still have no idea whats going on...i have alot to learn. In the first aticle someone talks about some type of pulley that with give the c230k abot 205hp. Do you know where i wold be able to find one? Also since you seem to know alot abot whats happing with my car do you think you could help me out with some performance mods?? Apreciate it. Thankyou

Benzalot
08-25-2007, 10:51 AM
:beard:

c55m8o
08-25-2007, 10:53 AM
They're talking about using a smaller pully on the stock SC to spin it faster. You can do that, for nominal, but non-linear gains realted to how much you spin it by (i.e. spin it 10% faster you may get 3-5% increase in power; not definitive about the #'s, but it's something like that). That is because, look @ the specs of the MP45 in the Magnuson link I provided. Spinning it faster means you 'max-out' the supercharger, running it in the 'inefficient zone', resulting in less air-flow relative to the spin rate, but more heated air. That's always 'bad' if your not intercooling.

Didn't you learn about pullies in school? i.e. the way one man can lift things many times his weight through pully ratios? If you spin a drive pulley with a small diameter, and destination pulley with a large diameter, you increase the torque on the rope around the second (what I call 'destination') pulley, thus force on the rope lifting an item, by the ratio of the difference in diameters between the pullies. (Sorry, I have no idea how old you are, and how you did in school, or if you paid attention in Physics class, or thought it was a joke and didn't. But if you thought it was a joke, sorry, here's why it's not!!! :D )

Anyway, the concept is similar but in reverse on the supercharger. When you put a -smaller- pulley on the supercharger, it will spin faster; but it's also harder to spin. You can gain power by increasing the rate of rotation, but you sap power from the engine because it's harder to spin faster. Additionally, spining the SC you have now faster, pushes it more into the inefficient zone, furhter sapping the gains you can attain. All That is why if you say, spin it 10% faster, you may only see 3%-5% more gains in power. (again, numbers are supposition, but it's something like that)

Sorry, I don't make modz and don't have your engine so don't know the parts you need. I'm just helping out giving you a leg up on the theory, with condencing of things that took me many months to learn over over the course of years as I came upon them, here in one place for you.

Also, what Benzalot has to add is also very correct; just another issue & variable in the whole equation among many many more.

ok, gotta go.
-steve

Switchblind360
08-25-2007, 10:57 AM
After reading both links i still have no idea whats going on...i have alot to learn. In the first aticle someone talks about some type of pulley that with give the c230k abot 205hp. Do you know where i wold be able to find one? Also since you seem to know alot abot whats happing with my car do you think you could help me out with some performance mods?? Apreciate it. Thankyou

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=1204&fcmd=item&inmake=230

AirPost
08-25-2007, 11:00 AM
C230KSPORT00, I was in the same boat as you are now in regards to turbos and superchargers. After reading the 2 links below (one has illustrations), it made things clearer for me and hopefully for you too. It was like staying overnight at a Holiday Inn - I'm now a self-proclaimed expert :D

How To Stuff Works - Superchargers with illustrations (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger.htm)

Wikipedia's Supercharger Info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger)

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Switchblind360
http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=1204&fcmd=item&inmake=230 $617.?!?!?! Thats outragous!!!

c55m8o
08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
lol ... what basis do you have to say? I thought you didn't know about this stuff. <grin>

otherwise, welcome to the world of Mod'n a Benz!

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
lol ... what basis do you have to say? otherwise, welcome to the world of Mod'n a Benz! lol your right..your totally right.

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by AirPost
C230KSPORT00, I was in the same boat as you are now in regards to turbos and superchargers. After reading the 2 links below (one has illustrations), it made things clearer for me and hopefully for you too. It was like staying overnight at a Holiday Inn - I'm now a self-proclaimed expert :D

How To Stuff Works - Superchargers with illustrations (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger.htm)

Wikipedia's Supercharger Info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger) Thanks air post i will read and hopefull i will understand alot more. Thanks

c280nz
08-25-2007, 01:19 PM
sorry i didnt read all the previos posts because there getting a bit long, but just try and get a pully upgrade and ecu chip, that will prolly give you good bang for your buck, then maby an exhaust, and cold air intake to your supercharger
i know theres a few ppl round here with pulley and ecu done with good results, just search for it

C230KSPORT00
08-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by c280nz
sorry i didnt read all the previos posts because there getting a bit long, but just try and get a pully upgrade and ecu chip, that will prolly give you good bang for your buck, then maby an exhaust, and cold air intake to your supercharger
i know theres a few ppl round here with pulley and ecu done with good results, just search for it cool thanks. i will look into that.

digital2620
09-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Pulleys upgrades aren't that cheap either. $2K for a Kleeman pulley. ECU programming would be my next upgrade.

The car is fun to drive, with the suspension, wheels and tire upgrade.

Sky is the limit when modding. This is not a cheap hobby.

omeyhomey
09-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by digital2620
Pulleys upgrades aren't that cheap either. $2K for a Kleeman pulley. ECU programming would be my next upgrade.

The car is fun to drive, with the suspension, wheels and tire upgrade.

Sky is the limit when modding. This is not a cheap hobby.

depends on which pulley & which model you are talking about. Yes I agree kleenman is ripoff but thats not suprising

digital2620
09-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Omey

do you have a pulley for the c230K?

Thanks

Cru328prod
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
LMFAO THERE IS TONS OF STUFF TO DO TO A 23K, AND YOU WANNA KNOW SOMTHING.........YOU'LL SPEND TONS AND I MEAN TONS OF MONEY MODDING IT, AND YOU STILL WON'T BE A TURBO CRX CIVIC. I do agree with everyone on here about weight look at an NSX super light with a 260hp motor. There just shit faced quick.

for the C230k

Custom Cold Air intake $300 = Find logic on here he'll tell you
Custom Pipe After the intercooler $150 = Find logic on that 2 it beats buying the kleeman kit
installation you can do you're self
Pulley Upgrade $589.99 = you can get that at K1 Motor's or omey.
installation is going to be around $200 if you don't know how to do it. Installation you can get done at De Bold Performance
28360 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL - (239) 947-6155 they work on all proformance euro cars.
Port and Polish your heads and supercharger $50 bucks an hr = This guy i know in labelle fl that just builds 1,000 hp + cars all day long.
Headers $400 bucks on Ebay = de bold can do that 2
Nitrous Oxide 75 to 80 WET SHOT ONLY!! $600 = Installation is really easy if not come see me.
Custom Exhaust 800 bucks = from some people i know
ECU Tuning $299.99 = k1 motor or omey
Carbon Fiber Hood and trunk = Find Lenzsolo on here
Replace the battery to somthing lighter about $120
Custom JE Pistons and rods $700 for a set of 4, installation your looking about $700 bucks
New fuel system, god knows how much thats gonna cost

With all that in mind your up to about 8,000 dollars without tax and installation on some parts. Your looking around at 500hp to engine. You put 8g into a Chevy motor your looking at 6 sec car lol.

Now if your want to go Turbo, i know people that makes custom turbo manifolds, header, etc. locally in florida
Lol you'll probably spend about 6,000 in research and parts alone

i can't wait for Paul to finish his!!!!!!
i really want to know how much it costed to do all of it, and also his parts list.

Cru328prod
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
I really don't know if our transmissions can hold up to that amount of power.......you'll probably rip the flex disc into pieces just going off the line. I know my transmission gave after 9 psi's of boost plus Nitrous with 106 octane. (raced a mustang) need all i could give her

Logic
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
what CRU says is true ..with all the money and time invested into your car it wont beat a beefed up civic buttttttttttttttttttttt if i had a choice i would pick the mercedes hands down. not only are you driving a car that will out last a honda but mercedes has class . so what a honda beats you ( well in my case) i drive mine with the intensions of getting looks not getting tickets for racing or speeding:) althought the things i done so far has made it pretty peppy ....as a matter of fact the new eclipse isn't that fast as i thought unless it was a four banger cause it was eating my exhaust:D

Cru328prod
09-29-2007, 10:21 AM
lmao i don't care if i get beat by civics i just whip out the old "MY RIMS COST MORE THEN YOUR CAR". I just say save your money up, buy mustang 5.0 like a 92 for like a grand. get it painted and restored and keep your benz for daily driving.

Logic
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
ROTFLMAO thats a good one cru... being my wheels retail over 865.00 a piece i was looking at some sites and find out they aren't making 18's any more in my wheel :confused: they start at 19's and there running about 960.00 so if i damage one i m f*cked i was looking since one of my wheels has a very slow leak:(

omeyhomey
09-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Honestly, its cheaper to just sell your C230K and buy a C36 or C43. You will spend less in the long run and end up with a MUCH better & cooler looking car

C230KSPORT00
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
i have a 2000 C230k with 80k. i got it for $8900 a couple of months ago. How much do u think i could get for it now? And how much are C36 and C43 runing for?

omeyhomey
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
i have a 2000 C230k with 80k. i got it for $8900 a couple of months ago. How much do u think i could get for it now? And how much are C36 and C43 runing for?

C36s are selling between $7500-12k, I would clean up your car and just sell it for as much as you can and try and get into one of the other two for around the same price or a tad bit more. MUCH better investment. Just my 2 cents

Cru328prod
09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
C36s are selling between $7500-12k, I would clean up your car and just sell it for as much as you can and try and get into one of the other two for around the same price or a tad bit more. MUCH better investment. Just my 2 cents

I concer!

C230KSPORT00
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Do you guys know where i can find a kleemann performace kit for my C203k?? I have emailed a couple of dealers in my area and they havent responded so i just wondering if mabe you guys knew of a website or somethng..

Cru328prod
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
lmao dude did you not read my other post, kleeman is a rippppppp off, if u got aim im me i'll tell you every u wanna know my sn is icangivit2uma

C230KSPORT00
09-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I can suggest OZ Supperleggera rims and Michelin tires. Out of the only three tires I'd consider in the 'extreme performance' category, the Michelin is the lightest, then Dunlop, then Bridgestone. How many lbs do you consider "light". I have been looking around but i dont really have a basis you know?

Cru328prod
10-01-2007, 03:32 AM
200lb will do alot

C230KSPORT00
10-01-2007, 07:39 AM
What are some ways to reduce wait besides removing rear seats? (i want to keep it a luxury sedan)

Cru328prod
10-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Seats don't really weight that much,

1st things 1st

Replace the Battery with something small.
Remove the Spear Tire and get AAA.
Keep you stock rims. or find something lighter
Get a Carbon Fiber hood and trunk from Lensolo.

Dude im telling you just save up for a mustang or a camaro, or even yet a C43.

C43 your already looking at 300+ hp, you do the pulleys on there, with all the bolt ons, get it chipped, and put a 75 wet shot of Nos you'll have a dead sleeper. For less then your going to spend on a c230k

If you have the money to spend then hey the C230k is a great platform to make it one deadly benz, because it already has a low compression engine. and its already inter cooled supercharged. I personally think if you were to swap out the c230k tranny with a SLK manual tranny, it'll whop assss. One thing i'll also recommend is you get
Sprint Booster, which will make your throttle response so faster.

C230KSPORT00
10-01-2007, 08:08 AM
How many lb do u consider light for rims? and how much is a sprint booster?

Cru328prod
10-01-2007, 09:26 AM
ABOUT $300 BUCKS, and 20 to 40 lb per rim lol. i do have some rims for sale from my job......there about 80bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sovereigns-Rims_W0QQitemZ170148746170QQihZ007QQcategoryZ43958 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

we are selling them at cost, might have to cheak with someone on here about fittment. there 18 x 7.5

Devero
10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I disagree with you Jabu. If only you spend the time to search you will seriously find almost everything you need. Not only on this forum but others like mbworld and benzworld.org. That's why I made that ridiculous comment about stickers for this topic that has been brought up over and over again.

But I will still contribute to this thread seriously.

Instead of spending tons of money on minor increases in hp, try getting the most out of what you already have by doing weight reduction mods such as lighter wheels, removing the spare, taking out your back seats, cf hood.

Otherwise some other mod options include custom intake, full catback exhaust (both which won't do a whole lot except fill the streets with testosterone filled noise) and the pully kit from omeyhomey (if he has one for your engine). We have some extremely dedicated modders who have spent lots of time and money on turbo kits and nitrous but in all honesty, your car isn't going to be a racing beast.

I'm instead focusing my money on "low and slow" so I've upgraded my suspension and wheels for great fun on the twisties and a distinct styling. Your benz is a luxury sedan so treat it like one. Stop racing on the streets and start flashing the emblem like a status symbol of "not poor" unlike the kids with the decked out civics.

Just my opinion but to each his own.

Good luck with the car.

..............forever and ever and ever Amen

omeyhomey
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
actually seats DO weigh quite a bit. Rear seats are usually 35lbs for the full bench, Front seats are usually 130-150lbs for the pair, so you can drastically decrease weight (and at the most crucial area, the center of the car). Battery is another one, spare tire/jack/tools, theres alot of weighs to reduce weight. Light weight crank pulley & headers as well. basically every mod you should do, you should attempt to reduce as much weight as possible. Stock exhaust systems are VERY heavy too so usually theres another 25-40lbs that can be taken out of the exhaust system.

Cru328prod
10-02-2007, 03:55 AM
I still think he should just invest in a muscle car, and keep his c230k stock, just make it look pretty ballin

C230KSPORT00
10-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Im only 17 i dont have that kind of money to buy another car. I am already paying for this one.

Cru328prod
10-02-2007, 07:16 AM
lmao im 20 don't feel bad.......if you going to spend money one your car, just get Cold air intake, maf relocation, and pulleys.....you'll be extremly happy with it......belive me the Cold air intakes aree just amazing they sound like turbo blow offs when you let go of the gas quick

C230KSPORT00
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
lmao im 20 don't feel bad.......if you going to spend money one your car, just get Cold air intake, maf relocation, and pulleys.....you'll be extremly happy with it......belive me the Cold air intakes aree just amazing they sound like turbo blow offs when you let go of the gas quick where can i find cold ar intake?

Cru328prod
10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
i could sell you mines for 70 and even install it for u!!!

C230KSPORT00
10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
i could sell you mines for 70 and even install it for u!!! Apposed to what? I would have to drive up there wouldnt I? I might consider it if it saves me some money.. :cool:

Logic
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
well if your planning to save money you can buy cru's but if you want a custom one built let me know...i had mine custom built for around 300.00 and i can give you his name and number or you can go to members forums and click on the one my 1999 c230k and it will show you my CAI

C230KSPORT00
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Well right now i am working on getting a full custom exaust setup.(With Omey's help) So when i have the money and time i will talk to you. Thanks (CAI looks great) :cool:

c55m8o
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
How many lbs do you consider "light". I have been looking around but i dont really have a basis you know? Under 25lbs is 'getting' light. Around 20 lbs is pretty light. Under 20 lbs is -very- light. Lightest for a decent rim in the 17" size is in the 18lbs range.

More important again is the lightest tire. By my one set of calculations I did, I found +1lb tire weight was equal to +3 lb in rims weight, in their resistance to rotation (moment of inertia). That means the difference between going from a 28 lb to a 25 lb tire if you don't change your rim, is the same as if you kept the 28 lb tire, and lose 9 lbs in you rims. Getting a 3lb lighter tire is a lot easier then a 9 lb lighter rim. However, if you do -both- lighter tire and lighter rims, there's nothing but upside.

C230KSPORT00
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Very helpful. Thanks :D