PDA

View Full Version : Code P0600 Serial Communication Err

Python01
08-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Hello all,

I am driving a 94 C280.
Ever since I bought this beauty, as you could've already assumed, I am living with various issues including the CEL light.
This is probably what I have to pay to be with her, huh?

Finally I borrowed the code tester from a local AutoZone and the code read:

P0600 Serial communication Link Malfunction

The description is so vague as you can see, so I am turning to you all once again for help. Maybe it's the beginning of the infamous wiring harness issues?

Any guesses? Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

Nelson Lago
08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
ahhh i have no idea what to tell you

AirPost
08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Research shows that it is a generic ODB II code meaning that the ECM has lost communications with another module. If you have ESP/SPS, check that first.

P0600 Serial communication link malfunction CAN bus from ESP/SPS control module

Python01
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by AirPost
Research shows that it is a generic ODB II code meaning that the ECM has lost communications with another module. If you have ESP/SPS, check that first.

P0600 Serial communication link malfunction CAN bus from ESP/SPS control module
===========================
Thanks for your comments!

Still, I have no idea where to look into....
I bought mine used and have driven it for about a year, but I am not that much of a mechanic and have little knoweldge about what I have in the car - 95 c280... oh, well

I undestnd it's a problem caused by lost communication/linkage between the ECU and some other data sending units.

Could somebody possibly describe the names and locations of data sending units along with the location of the ECU?

Thanks in advance.

JP

Kevals
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I have the same code on mine i also have a faulty crankshaft sensor. Hopefully thats whats causing the p0600.

Python01
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh, you do, Kevals?

So, what does your bad crankshaft sensor do?
Could you let me know 'cause I'd like to check to see if I have the same problems?

BTW, I am planing on re-doing the engine harness soon or later. I will let you know if that fixes the problem.

I see the P0600 code in my dreams. No good....

JP

Kevals
08-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Well the car will not start if it sits for longer periods of time, and the the engine has a tendency to shut off while driving. Needless to say i try to avoid the highway if possiable. Did you have any other codes with your p0600. The crankshaft code is p1335. good luck to us both. Check out my thread http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13390