PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running Koni's??

SLAMMED_C
09-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Just wondering who's running Koni shocks on their W202.. and what do u think to them??? I'm considering getting new shocks for my ride.. I've noticed that the suspension in my car is a bit on the soft side.. after driving the car since I first got it..it tends to bottoms out on bigger and sometimes small bumps when at high speeds.. need a shock with better valving. I like a stiffer ride in my car.
anyone reccomend Koni's... maybe Bilsteins??

So far my suspension setup is as follows:

Springs: Eibach pro kit.
Pads: #1 up front and #2 in the rear (changing to #1)
Sway bars: Eibach anti-roll kit (installing soon- stock right now)
Strut tower braces: front and rear Wiechers
Shocks: stock Bilsteins

00kompressor
09-06-2003, 07:29 PM
i got nothin but luv for'em. stiffest setting is way stiffer than bilstien sport, and you can also soften the ride. i got mine on the siffest setting and i like how it feels. :D

SLAMMED_C
09-07-2003, 09:55 AM
i got nothin but luv for'em. stiffest setting is way stiffer than bilstien sport, and you can also soften the ride. i got mine on the siffest setting and i like how it feels.
Nice!!.. I want stiff shocks!! were they expensive?? and what Koni's did u get.. the street sport or street special koni's??
I'm thinking they must be the street sport.

speedybenz
09-07-2003, 10:42 AM
SLAMMED_C,

You may want to think about cutting your springs in addition to getting the Koni's. If you cut a coil in front then add a #5 pad you will increase the front spring rate too. This will help your bottoming problem some.

You can also do this in the rear.

Either way you want to cut the wide spaced coils as this is the stiffer protion ofthe spring.

Jeff

c230kompresssed
09-07-2003, 10:39 PM
wait wait...when you have stiffer shocks, isn't it a bumpier ride?

wtf would u wanna do that to a mercedes for?????

MBenzNL
09-08-2003, 01:35 PM
I have Koni's...adjusteable Koni sportshocks...of which the rear rightside already has been replaced twice (leaking)...after 150k kilometer and the second one after 31k kilometer...

I like the handling of the car a LOT!

greetingz,

J Irwan
09-08-2003, 04:54 PM
I have the Koni Yellow (adjustable)

It 's not harsh at all.
just firm..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAARA3sSV0ywXmcFXKWDZt0s6rQraBoPu8j5!0X8fO34GH1oH HEll2aNZcxuPkgOBIc0ae0EwhpKuj!9Uo5KDqYuB7xyehjP1lI xr59YOD0/108-0829_IMG.JPG

Regardz,

Denlasoul
09-08-2003, 08:08 PM
What setting are you riding?

MBenzNL
09-09-2003, 01:25 AM
I have soft in front and medium in rear...

greetingz,