PDA

View Full Version : ITBs for C36

benzboy
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Just wondering, has anyone been insane enough to try/use an ITB setup for the C36, or any 202 for that matter?

I'm sure there would be some decent gains to be had.

It would sound and look awesome too!

omeyhomey
08-29-2007, 05:13 PM
waste of time for many reasons....

first is cost, expect to pay $2500.

Second, you will gain only few HP at best (ITB are for throttle responce, not power).

Third, you can get similar throttle responce from big bore throttle bodies (which I am currently working on).

In theory it seems like a great idea but once you try and convert that into the real world... never really works out.

kyo216
08-30-2007, 08:59 PM
what does ITB stand for?

omeyhomey
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
ITB = independent throttle bodies.

This is also common discussion on the E36 M3 engines but they were tested and never actually made much power (usually only 5wHP on the dyno) and I got almost the same razor sharp throttle responce with a massive big bore throttle body setup. Not worth it at all, good idea though.

OCKlasse
08-31-2007, 06:30 AM
may not make that much more, but they sound badass :D

rman
08-31-2007, 07:45 AM
^^^^ i would do it for the crazy sound alone. I have read up on people using a particular motorcycle TB (or 6, actually) and rigging it up that way.

on a side note, i met one of my neighbors yesterday. he's got a mid-90 m3 w/ euro spec. motor/tranny and ITBs. says it's good for over 400hp at the crank, stock.

omeyhomey
08-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rman
^^^^ i would do it for the crazy sound alone. I have read up on people using a particular motorcycle TB (or 6, actually) and rigging it up that way.

on a side note, i met one of my neighbors yesterday. he's got a mid-90 m3 w/ euro spec. motor/tranny and ITBs. says it's good for over 400hp at the crank, stock.

he is lying through is teeth. Stock euro-spec M3s made 286HP for 95 and 321 for 96+ . They sound great but honestly not worth it and they were not that much faster to 60, only two tenths but did do the 1/4 mile about .8 seconds faster.

rman
08-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
he is lying through is teeth. Stock euro-spec M3s made 286HP for 95 and 321 for 96+ . They sound great but honestly not worth it and they were not that much faster to 60, only two tenths but did do the 1/4 mile about .8 seconds faster.

interesting.... i know very little about those cars, i wonder what else he might have. nothing can increase power like that n/a unless it's built to the tits.

omeyhomey
09-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by rman
interesting.... i know very little about those cars, i wonder what else he might have. nothing can increase power like that n/a unless it's built to the tits.

he probably added alot of stickers, i hear those add HP ;) . 321 euro motors were pretty much maxed out from the factory, it woudl be a miracle if he got even 25 more HP, 400 no way in hell. nice car though but i'd rather put all that $$ into just buying a nicer car.