PDA

View Full Version : On my C43 AMG1999 I only have 2 oxygen sensors

kowalski
09-03-2007, 09:35 PM
hey everyone I'd like to know how many oxygensensors i have on my european c 43 amg,i changed the front ones but i bought the rear ones to and when it was time to change it the mechanic told me i only have 2 front ones before cats

the USA cars have 4 of them, so i 'd like to know from fellow european owners if you had yours changed and how many they were 2 or 4 of them

i was told that E50 has 4 of them

Espresso
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
You do only have 2. Only the state side cars came with 4, because of the OBDII system.

I have two also. One in each clylinder bank header. No convertors, a very "lazy" emissions system. Our cars are VERY different from the ststeside models. I have no 5MPH impact bumpers. The entire front bumper weighs 7 lbs, ect...
I love EDM(Europen domestic market) vehicles.

Nelson Lago
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
ahhh dud we all have EDM just when thay come here we chang them

kowalski
09-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Espresso
You do only have 2. Only the state side cars came with 4, because of the OBDII system.

I have two also. One in each clylinder bank header. No convertors, a very "lazy" emissions system. Our cars are VERY different from the ststeside models. I have no 5MPH impact bumpers. The entire front bumper weighs 7 lbs, ect...
I love EDM(Europen domestic market) vehicles.

That's one good espresso, i live in sweden europe checked with the swedish mb site they say it's 4 of them also the dealer say so.
e50 =4
e55 211=4 of them

this is strange but as you say then its okey cheers mate

Espresso
09-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
ahhh dud we all have EDM just when thay come here we chang them

Ahhh..Nope. Stateside vehicles are built at different assembly plants. They may have been built there, but they were built to USA specs. Not EDM & then converted. If that were the case MB would be soo expensive no one could afford them. Only stateside vehicles use OBDII. Why would they build everything to EDM & then convert?
Doesnt make sense.

Nelson Lago
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
its still edm