PDA

View Full Version : Becker Traffic Pro

benzonline
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,

The other day I was contemplating to get an Audio 10 for the 202 but then someone reminded me of the Becker traffic Pro unit which I see (did a search) many of you have installed easily in the 202 and of course will eat the audio 10 for dinner.

Some questions....

First, which is the best place to order it from because crutchfield is sold out. Im in Canada (toronto).

Second, is their a sound improvement with this unit and in what way compared to stock head unit?

Third, how easy is the install?

Fourth, will it work my existing FIBRE OPTIC changer!?

Uncle Jase
09-06-2007, 05:57 AM
If crutchfield is sold out you can check ebay, but if you have no luck you can call Harman/kardon in jersey to see if they have any in stock but that might be big $.

there is a good sound improvement over stock but not enough to make you say WOW!

if it is the right unit it is as easy to install as taking your stock HU out pluging in the new unit and your done. but you do have to attach the GPS antenna i just droped the cable behind the dash fished it out and plugged it in.

No, you cannot use the fiber optic CD changer with this unit.
there is a Bekker CD changer but I think it might be hard to find.

this head unit is great and I love using it but it can be a real bitch to find one

benzonline
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Now im in a dilemma if I can use the stock changer....then again the Becker has MP3.

Logic
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
since i work in the car audio field i can honestly tell you that changers are a thing of the past...there are a few manufactures that still carry them like alpine , sony , pioneer to name a few ...the one currently with alpine also does mp3 . i also i have seen a few manufactures that make a module that that will adapt to your fiber optics cable for your changer but save your money since like i said most factory changers in cars wont do MP3 unless its newer then 2006 maybe. if your going to get some kind of changer like product i would say buy a deck with ipod control or at least some kind of aux input to run a flash drive or ipod or mp3 device.

NickDellhall
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
clutchfield's pretty expensive, i wouldn't buy from them.

Logic
09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
the only thing about getting things on line or even places like crutchfield is you may be saving a few bucks but when it comes to warrenty issues or something not working your looking at time to send it back waiting to get another one....i work in this field and i see this all the time...just work a deal with your local electronics place and making sure you have the correct warrenty and things roll much better...for instant where i work they offer a 2 years replacement for like a deck and in those two years if anything isn't right on it and if the installer can verify it you get a replacement deck right then and say the deck was last years model , they replace it with the newer model...how do you think i get a new deck every two years hehehe...the last deck i had cost me only .75 cents ( returning the old one (9855) which was a little more and they swapped it with the 9887 WITH warrenty) :bunny: