PDA

View Full Version : muffler that chewyguy is selling in classified area

Logic
09-08-2007, 01:46 PM
i was looking at the muffler chewy is selling and from what i m seeing it might be from a c280( right chewy)? anyways i have a 1999 c230 kompressor sport will it fit or will i have to cut the rear bumper? its a Magnaflow Universal Muffler 14833 any help would be great since i dont wanna spend the money and find it doesn't work:confused:

chewiguy
09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Hah! I was surprised to see my alias on the front page. Anyways, a shop would probably just custom fit the pipes to the way you want it to look. I stepped away while the shop installed it for me and they mounted them pointing down because they were lazy. Just make sure you're there to show them exactly how you want it to look.

But to double check, does anyone know what's the inlet size for the c230k sport? The magnaflow is 2.25". Thanks.

69chevelle
09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I think the inlet is the same size..
They can always put on an adaptor at the muffler shop. Thats what they did to mine when I installed the C36 muffler.

Logic
09-09-2007, 01:18 PM
pointing down? they werent strait across? any ways since you have it whats the least you take for it? did your bumper have the slot in it for the pipes to peek out of? dont know if you can tell from this picture but my bumper it strait across with a slight bump near the bottom
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/logics007.jpg

Logic
09-09-2007, 01:25 PM
ok here is what it looks like...i didnt want to have to tak a picture so i m using cru's bumperhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/icangivit2uma/IMG_0264.jpg

chewiguy
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
My bumper looks like that. I didn't go forth with cutting out a slot for the tips. I probably would have if I wasn't guilt tripped to taking the exhaust off.

The shop mounted the entire muffler pointing down because I wasn't there to show them how I wanted it to look. My mistake. Whatever shop you take it to, make sure they know how you want it installed.

It is still $100 shipped in the US. Local buyers get a discount.

My paypal account is chewiguy@yahoo.com

Let me know if you still want it.

Logic
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
ok ill check a couple of things here and ill get back at you...so the hangers on the muffler would make it where the muffler is pointed down?

chewiguy
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
The shop didn't charge me for the hangers when they installed it. Whatever shop you take it to, they will most likely modify the existing hangers and new piping to your liking.

Logic
09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
chewy i pm you and asked if you still had the muffler can you email me and let me know....i want to get that from you DES use my email address ..thnks

Cru328prod
09-14-2007, 04:23 AM
lmfao my trunk looks sooo bad i wanna cry...........still working on mines should be another week or too before i get it poping

Logic
09-15-2007, 08:02 AM
chewy did the muffler look to low when you had it on?????????/

chewiguy
09-15-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know what you mean by too low. I think everyone has different tastes but for me, about half of the muffler showed under the bumper. If i had cut my bumper I would have preferred that it was tucked a little more meaning you will have to have the hangers adjusted slightly (easy for a shop to do). I'm sorry as I do not have pictures of it on my car unfortunately.

I hope it is as you expected. :)

Logic
09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
what i meant was did the muffler look like it was to low from the bumper making it better to cut the bumper and tucking it higher or when you did it would you have preferred it to be higher. sometimes you see mufflers on a car that don't look right so by lifting them higher into the bumper make them less prone to scrapping or just looking right...most cars you see have some kind of cut in the muffler you know....

chewiguy
09-15-2007, 10:17 PM
So what made me get the square tips was a picture of another member's car with the cut bumper. After I saw this picture, I fell in love with the square tips and wish I was able to make it look like this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Chewiguy/735658_91_full.jpg

Even if you don't cut your bumper, and just mount the tips under the bumper, it would still look good as long as you angle it the way you want. Some people will call it ghetto but I think it still looks good.

Good luck with it!

Logic
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
here we go i finally got the muffler installed @ buds mufflers here in town... unfortunally our contact there is no more , but i did know the manager there . i used to work with him @ ultimate electronics..as far as cutting the bumper i decided not too didnt want to do that and decide one day to put it to factory. the over all cost me 32.00... the muffler was originally chewy's from a c280 and with the hangers already there took very little adjustments to set it right and it leans down just a little like you said chewy that yours did....as far as sound it sounds great it gets a little intense in the 3k range but doesn't sound like a honda :cool:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/exhaust001.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/exhaust002.jpg

chewiguy
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats man! I'm glad to hear you like how it sounds. I think it looks fantastic!

I'm just glad to see that it found a good home! :)

Logic
09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
thx again even tho it cost about 20 more dollars for shipping then you expected