PDA

View Full Version : Dead Battery: Key blade dont work

griplimited
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Basically, car sat idle for past few weeks. And now have a completely drained battery since smartkey wont unlock doors/trunk. Did some search and used key blade with couple shot of WD40 and got the key to turn... but it still wouldn't release the trunk nor the door. It would just go clockwise til back vertical. I dont have access to thru doors, trunk, or hood. If I can get to either, I'd be able to jump it from what I searched.. so any suggestions to get thru?

Subject is a 99 c230 Kompressor.

Thanks in advance.

Nelson Lago
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
you have to turn the key and then push in

xvvvz
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Search using the following three terms: dead battery trunk. This problem has been discussed quite a few time but that will help you find the thread where I put up the pictures on where to look in the engine compartment.

BTW, you unlocked the trunk but did you also push the button in while unlocking it? Sometimes people forget to try this and it works.

Nelson Lago
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
thats what i told him

griplimited
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I counter clockwised it, I pushed it in quarter turned (horizontally), 1/8 turned(diagnally), and at 180 degree turned. I repeated the same with key removed also.

I did go thru all the searches I could on this forum as well as thru google. Initially it wouldn't turn so WD40 was recommended in a previous post to 'smartkey'. That worked, but it only turned and didnt unlock.

Keep in mind, I had access to nothing.. Doors, trunk, hood. I needed to gain access today so I ended up paying a locksmith. Got that opened, popped the hood and jumped started via the positive terminal shown in previous post. Although it's resolved now.... it doesn't answer the question of why I wouldn't be able to unlock the door/trunk with the blade key.

Proven Guilty
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
the trunk lock is controlled by an electronic solenoid. it will not open the trunk if the battery is dead to my knowledge; regardless of turns, pushing, or anything.

you'll need to pop the hood if you can get one of the doors open (slim jim, or window down). there's a post on the driver's side that is a hot line to the battery. positive jumper cable on that, and negative on any unpainted metal under the hood for ground.

trunk will open. good game.

Nelson Lago
09-13-2007, 07:11 AM
ok man were telling you. trust us make sure the key is all the way in turn it clockwise 90 degrees or 45 degrees and push in. I though the same my key would turn 360 degrees and i thought i was screwed but i keept trying and foud how. But my battery was not dead but my security fuse blew so that ment that the doors, alarm,windows door locks and the button inside the car that open the trunk all didnt work. But i was still able to open my trunk (thats where the fuse was) with the key blade. so i can imagine that it would still work with the bettery dead.

NW_Merc
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
The driver's door should be able to be opened with the key. Even if you have the Infra Red remote, you can use the key blade to open the door and then the hood. You can jump the car from the engine bay as I have had the same problem and successfully jumped my car from the battery being dead.