PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any Oxygen Sensor issues?

Eurosport
09-09-2003, 02:06 PM
here's what i got to keep me busy :)
P0141, is an oxygen sensor code. Specifically, this code is "O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)". Bank 1 sensor 2 refers to the O2 sensor behind the catalytic converter on bank one, which will always be on the same side of the engine as number one cylinder.

i want to do it myself, any pointers? should i straight change the O2 sensor or do some tests on that heater circuit?

Eurosport
09-09-2003, 05:07 PM
should i even replace the sensor
because
i erased the code, and didn't come back on so far
idle seems fine
could it be just at one moment or that it happened that one time is a sign of future failure of it?
me donno

jnolte
09-09-2003, 06:41 PM
I have MAS issues. I need to buy a new one just dont have the cash right now. But if ur car has normal idle and it dosent happen again then its problay fine.

CKlasse
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
I hope it is your O2 sensor malfunctioning... not your CAT.

98_Benzo
09-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey Euro: I have to redo the CAT on my car, but while I am at it, I am probably going to put a new O2 sensor in at the same time. I figure it's better to be safe then sorry, that way I know I won't have to replace it for a while. Point is, depending on the price, you might just want to replace the O2 sensor, it's not difficult at all.

Eurosport
09-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Benzo,
that's what i'm going to do, just replace that one 02 sensor
do you know i need a special tool for it? ( i know one side is plug in easy, but donno other) haven't lifted the car to look at the sensor yet
thanks

98_Benzo
09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
You know, I am not quite sure, if any tool is needed, it will be a wrench. It could be put in with a bolt, I know a lot of cars do that. I haven't looked on mine yet.

Rocky
09-10-2003, 12:07 PM
I'd replace it asap. Could cause CAT problems in the future and MB cats are not cheap. You'll burn more gas as well.

CKlasse
09-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
I'd replace it asap. Could cause CAT problems in the future and MB cats are not cheap. You'll burn more gas as well.

No, it wont. The O2 sensor he's talking about is the 2nd bank, which is the post CAT sensor.

It might not be bad, it's sending a bad signal which can mean two things, BAD O2 sensor that's sending out of range Hz, or BAD CAT which causing the O2 sensor out of range readings. If I were you, I would check the O2 sensor before replacing it. It might be your CAT as I said in the previous post.

Eurosport
09-12-2003, 04:55 PM
on the freeze frame shows it was triggered at 4mph lol
so you know it wasn't my fault :D

Eurosport
09-27-2003, 02:40 PM
update,
ever since i changed the o2 sensor, car is crazy good
better than new
exhaust note is awesome, lot quicker, crispier, and no more check engine lights coming on at all