PDA

View Full Version : anything to be carefull of

koepfsm
09-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi i was working on relocating my mas air sensor and i was wondering if anyone knew after i move do i have to reset or change anything

JRE320
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
What's that? :confused:

Logic
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
from what i have read i think you disconnect the battery for a bit but when doing that it requires you to set your windows etc...just do a search on relocation of your MAF

AirPost
09-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I've cleaned my MAF a few times by taking it off and putting it back on (the actions are similar in relocating your MAF) and I didn't disconnect anything except, of course, the MAF connector. Just be sure that you wait awhile when reconnecting it to discharge any static or whatever you call it.

Logic
09-20-2007, 06:38 PM
well from what i understand since you relocate it ...it has a different reaction to the car so by disconnecting the battery always the ecu to recalculate or reboot it in some way that allows it for the better flow....but again search it in the forums to be sure:cool:

xvvvz
09-21-2007, 10:48 AM
If you do a search, you will find quite a few good posts about MAF relocation. He is my method and comments on resetting:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13453&highlight=maf+relocation

Cru328prod
09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by AirPost
I've cleaned my MAF a few times by taking it off and putting it back on (the actions are similar in relocating your MAF) and I didn't disconnect anything except, of course, the MAF connector. Just be sure that you wait awhile when reconnecting it to discharge any static or whatever you call it.

LMAO its not similar at all. Supercharger kicks in at 1.2 - 1.5 instead of 2. The only thing you might want to do is to do a manual tranny reset, by switching gears 1 to D and back down, 4 times blah blah. That way you get your throtle angle changed etc etc

Logic
09-22-2007, 08:28 AM
a tranny what? you do that after a relocate or you can do that to acheive better what?