PDA

View Full Version : E Brake HELP!!!!

Cru328prod
09-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Well as i was changing the front brakes on my car i had to push in the e-brake, next thing i know the E brake wouldn't release. I was sitting there for hours trying to figure out what was wrong, i pulled the panels and brake wire was pretty high, so i tried pushing it down, which was a big waste of time. I jacked the car all the way up and looked in the back for the e-brake wire, One side was tighter then the other, so i was like f*ck it and started pulling on the passenger side. It did bring the wire down, but i don't think enough. The car still seems sluggish. I really don't know what to do, any ideas?

Nelson Lago
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
lube maby or remove the rear disc to see what up or something

NISMOPOWERED
09-22-2007, 06:13 AM
There is a TSB for the parking brake pedal sticking. Can you pull and hold the release and at the same time reach down and pull the pedal up? If you can its in the pedal assb. I might be able to dig up the TSB for you.

NISMOPOWERED
09-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Campaign No. 95-1151

November 1995

TO: ALL MERCEDES-BENZ PASSENGER CAR DEALERS

SUBJECT:
MODELS 129, 140, 202 210, MODEL YEAR 1996
PARKING BRAKE NOT RELEASING

Due to a coating on the drum/spring assembly, the parking brake release mechanism may not fully release when the release lever on the dashboard is pulled, resulting in the parking brake warning lamp remaining illuminated and the warning chime sounding. The driver can release the brake by pulling the parking brake pedal up with the foot from underneath, or by pulling it up by hand.

This situation is caused by a coating, which at low temperature is not viscous enough to allow the necessary movement between the parts, typically occurring at low ambient temperatures below 40 °F.

In an effort to provide the most trouble-free ownership experience it is essential that all vehicles are repaired before retail delivery. In the event individual cars were already retailed, please call the customer for an appointment.

The repair consists of removal of the parking brake assembly from the car, degreasing the drum/spring assembly, installation of the assembly and parking brake adjustment.

Detailed Work Instructions (no.348, 349), including time allowances and damage codes, are shown.

Note: As previously mentioned; all affected vehicles must be modified before retail delivery.

Affected Vehicles

Note: Vehicles will not be flagged on VMI.

NEA-4311
09-22-2007, 02:33 PM
So is this Campaign No. 95-1151 valid for USA only or Europe as well?

NISMOPOWERED
09-23-2007, 07:18 AM
no clue.

Cru328prod
09-23-2007, 03:34 PM
is this somthing i could take to the dealership to get fixed for free?

chimchongdlight
03-01-2011, 10:24 AM
i kinda have the same problem...u see my parking brake comes back up when i left the lever and use my foot to bring it back up yes...but when i look down, it looks like my parking brake cable is off the latch mechanism down there...how do i put it back on the mechanism?...

and yea if i take this to the dealership, will i be charged?