PDA

View Full Version : My Auto c240 stalled ? ? ?

Chris_c200
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey I was reversing down my steep driveway in S mode with the car in drive (Stupid moment), and it stalled. Is this normal?

Proven Guilty
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
rolling in reverse while idling would be like turning in the crank in reverse - not quite the same effect, or its like clicking the button on a ceiling fan while it's still turning to change direction for summer and winter air circulation.

the engine just stalled because of the driveline going in reverse without the transmission being in reverse. no harm no foul, but at the worst, it could have popped off a vacuum line if you now have a check engine light.

benzonline
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Dont understand....

Going in reverse and it stalled? SOmetimes I reverse down the driveway with the car in NEUTRAL, is this what you did? It doesnt stall it though.

Nelson Lago
09-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Chris_c200
Hey I was reversing down my steep driveway in S mode with the car in drive (Stupid moment), and it stalled. Is this normal?

ok im a little confused did you mean you were in revers and while moving in revers you put it in drive

Espresso
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
He was in S mode in DRIVE. When in S mode the Hill-Hold is deactivated making it possible for the car to roll backwards in DRIVE. In W mode the Hill-Hold is activated & prevents the car from rolling backwards.

As for the stalling. Did the car start back up? If so was it at the bottom of the driveway & leveled out? How full is your gas tank?

RemoLexi
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
ive done that before, being stupid of coarse, I was on a private owned lot with a few buddies just sliding the cars around on corners during rain, at one point I spun out really bad and at some decent speed and my car rolled back in reverse and shut off. the guys looked at me weird "Did he just stall an automatic"?? :D

Nelson Lago
09-24-2007, 06:33 PM
i wish i was you. i would like to drift or somthig to that affect but cant with out it being illagle

Len013091
09-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Then you need to come to memphis nelson, plenty of road to do that on out in the country. Any way, I've had this happen before while in S mode and in drive. It seems like once it hits a certain speed the car stalls. Not like in a manual when you're rolling back and let the clutch out while in first.

Nelson Lago
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
well i kow one time in the snow i tryed to do a 360 when goig aroud a blind turn i a parking lot ad i rolled back lit 2 feet and the engine stalled. its probley a safety

Chris_c200
09-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow thanks for all the responses! Yea, I was in drive but going backwards which I was able to do because I was in S mode. I didnt pop a vacum line of thankfully. I was just curious because I thought it could possibly be CPS related. Hope not.

Yes, It did start back up and yes again it stalled just as the drive leveled up.

Thanks again

kevinzorz
09-25-2007, 10:18 PM
lmao, exact same thing happened to me.

Originally posted by RemoLexi
ive done that before, being stupid of coarse, I was on a private owned lot with a few buddies just sliding the cars around on corners during rain, at one point I spun out really bad and at some decent speed and my car rolled back in reverse and shut off. the guys looked at me weird "Did he just stall an automatic"?? :D