PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Wheels and Tires Questions

benzinoc230
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Hello to all-
Before I start I would like to advise that I have searched and researched the forums for the answers to these questions and after a few posts they all just kind of fade away.. I have an eyeache from all the different knowledge so...

1. I would like to run 18's on my 98 c230. All stock to my understanding.

2. What does staggered mean?

3. What is the offset for 18's?

4. Will I have to run spacers if I run 18's?

I have no plans on lowering as of now, not changing rotors or brake pads or lowering in the near future, I just want to change the appearance of the car for a little while and these little 15's have seen much better days!

Also if anyone has any ideas on brands etc let me know..

Thanks in advance---

:D

jnolte
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Staggerd is Wider wheels in the rear than the front for better line traction.

Example: 18x8 wheels front and 18x9 wheels rear would be a staggard setup. 18x8.5 Front and Rear is not a staggered setup

Offset: there is many diffrent offsets but the prime offset is ET 35.

ludachris
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by benzinoc230
Hello to all-
Before I start I would like to advise that I have searched and researched the forums for the answers to these questions and after a few posts they all just kind of fade away.. I have an eyeache from all the different knowledge so...

1. I would like to run 18's on my 98 c230. All stock to my understanding.

2. What does staggered mean?

3. What is the offset for 18's?

4. Will I have to run spacers if I run 18's?

I have no plans on lowering as of now, not changing rotors or brake pads or lowering in the near future, I just want to change the appearance of the car for a little while and these little 15's have seen much better days!

Also if anyone has any ideas on brands etc let me know..

Thanks in advance---

:D

as far as spacers go you probably wont need them but it all depends on the offset of the wheels you want

brands: AMG.

benzinoc230
09-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks Jnolte and Luda...
I decided on some from Ebay-- Will show em off when I get em on..
Peace.