PDA

View Full Version : Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs

69chevelle
09-29-2007, 08:18 PM
I just put these in but I really don't see a change in lighting brightness or color. It does look a tiny bit whiter than regular halogens but thats it. I think it is a waste of $30. Anyone feel the same?

99C280Sport
09-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Would it be too much to ask for some pics? I have put Silverstars (not the ultras) in all of my cars before this one and I think the improvement is great from stock halogen. I was actually planning on getting them this week sometime.

69chevelle
09-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Ok here are pics I took with my crappy cell

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/kinoman69/10-02-07_1854.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/kinoman69/10-02-07_1855.jpg

99C280Sport
09-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by 69chevelle
Good idea but my camera phone is crappy. I have to go buy a new camera...Let me try and take it today. How do you post pics here? They don't load like other websites..

I use photobucket... upload my photos to there, and then there is a link that you can copy that starts like http://photobucket...... - that will post the picture for you.

Nelson Lago
09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
ya it was a waste, i used those and phillips altra blue and thay both didn't seem much diffrent from stock and thats when i got HID's

xvvvz
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Somebody put up a nice post here with a comparison between some different bulbs. The post had javascript in it or something and the picuture alternated between light installations. It might be worth a search just for comparison to see if you are experiencing about the same change - or lack of change.

benzo23
10-01-2007, 05:33 AM
well I have the silverstars in both high beam and low...the low is slightly brighter than stock..a little less orangeish...but the high beams was a significant difference..on mine there pitch white...I put them on and went down my street about 100yrds and it was too bright to look at directly...so high beams yes and low beams...umm..nothing to write home about...just my imput...and don't get cool blues either..that shit looks so fake..u know there not xeinons...g

Brando457
10-01-2007, 06:47 AM
are these just replacement bulbs for the stock ones or bulbs for an HID set already?

I am considering replacing my stock bulbs to something brighter, or might just buck up and get a new set of HIDs. I sold my HELLAS so now its stock blah.

benzo23
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
there just replacement bulbs from like auto zone..

PhilfromPA
10-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I had these in my E320, I thought they were a bit whiter than regular bulbs, and prob worth the price. I went blew out two of them in less than a year though, so idk, at the time I didn't know which better brands were out there.

97C28O
10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I had SilverStars on my Odyssey and they were brighter than the stock Sylvania bulbs. I don't have any pics of them but they lasted only about 1 year. Now I have Philips X-treme Power in the Odyssey. Here is a comparison between stocks vs. new:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/knvg/LXODY.gif

These Philips X-treme Bulbs come in limited Sizes and is only available in Europe. I purchased these from www.powerbulbs.com

Logic
10-07-2007, 08:54 AM
the bulbs i told you about scared you....? like i told you about the problem you was having with premature bulbs blowing out i suggested the acp super whites nice bright white light with a hint of blue...alot better then the orange stock bulbs they offer two wattage's... i have the higher one but aint having any wiring issues either....

C280_Spawrt
10-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Uhh guys, quick question....

how the hell do you get your stock bulbs out?!?!?

i'm trying to cahange my bulbs right now and cant figure out how to get the stockers out. I opened the black circular cover piece, then I disconnected the power supply, now how do i get the bulb with the 2 prongs out!?!?

HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED I'M WAITNG HERE FOR A RESPONSE GUYS!!!

benzo23
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
the metal surrounding for the bulp itself is covered by a skinny piece of metal in almost the shape of a 0...its a skinny piece of metal..all you have to do is push in towards your headlight glass annd the push lightly to the left......its like that for both sides..i just went out and checked on mine...its very simple...so push in towards the front and push to left....oh and the section you actually push towards the front is going to be on the top of the bulb..top meaning the side closest to the hood...not looking down...hope it helps

C280_Spawrt
10-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by benzo23
the metal surrounding for the bulp itself is covered by a skinny piece of metal in almost the shape of a 0...its a skinny piece of metal..all you have to do is push in towards your headlight glass annd the push lightly to the left......its like that for both sides..i just went out and checked on mine...its very simple...so push in towards the front and push to left....oh and the section you actually push towards the front is going to be on the top of the bulb..top meaning the side closest to the hood...not looking down...hope it helps
cool im gonna try right now thx :)

benzo23
10-13-2007, 04:01 PM
let me know how it goes

C280_Spawrt
10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
SWEEEET!!!

just installed my new headlights, WOW they look AMAZING!!! The bulb color is essentially superwhite with a little bit of blue but VERY little blue. My headlights no longer have that stupid yellow tint to them. lets see how long these last...

99C280Sport
10-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I bought some regular Silverstars today... H7's and H1's for my fogs. The H1's in the fogs its much whiter, but the H7's in the low beams aren't that much whiter than the stock bulbs. Not sure if they are worth the $38 that I paid for them... in my 300D I had H4's and H3's and I was very pleased with them, they lasted for a long time. Hopefully I'll get good life out of these and when they burn out I'll be in a position to get some HID.