PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry finicky on 97 c280

reclipse93
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, ive gotten new batteries, reprogramed, ect, i wouldnt mind it so much if the drivers door had a keyed lock but grrrrrrr its agrivating

First Benz
10-03-2007, 07:10 PM
It does have a keyed lock though. :)

There's a couple of different possibilities. Either the key is starting to take a dump, the ant is loose or not getting the proper amount of power.

There are special tools, not Benz specific, that will test the strength of the radio signal from the key. I would start with that. I honestly don't know where to get one, as there is a guy in the shop that has one that I use, but I'm sure you could ask around for one.

Eric

Logic
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
if all has failed just buy a decent aftermarket keyless entry system.....even better a security system.... you'll get better range and more security that way . it might also be cheaper if something is wrong with the oem system

Sepehr
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I take it that your car has the infrared keyless entry system, right? Try cleaning the receiver/transeiver units on your door and trunks. Unlike RF, Infrared systems (our cars) are based on line of sight and if there are any obsticles in the way of your remote control and your car, then the signal won't go through properly.

If that doesn't work, then maybe the infrared receivers on your car need to be replaced. You can get them for a good deal from a junk yard.