PDA

View Full Version : short ram vs cold air intake

RehGeeBenzo
10-06-2007, 06:40 PM
looking on ebay to buy a little mod bolt on like an intake... but whats the dl on them... i mean is there ones better than others and where are good places to buy ones...

im looking to add some power and noise to my car... even though it wont be much... ne ideas

thanks for ur time

omeyhomey
10-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by RehGeeBenzo
looking on ebay to buy a little mod bolt on like an intake... but whats the dl on them... i mean is there ones better than others and where are good places to buy ones...

im looking to add some power and noise to my car... even though it wont be much... ne ideas

thanks for ur time

short ram = crappy hot air intake

PhilfromPA
10-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I think you're better off with cai and make your own heatshield otherwise you are just going to be getting the sound and a lot of hot air.

I know ppl used to talk about the weapon-r intake, I never had any experience with them though. A lot of ppl just fab their own anyway though, just do a search and you'll get plenty of info.

RehGeeBenzo
10-07-2007, 08:17 AM
but does it sound good i mean the short rams u find on ebay?

Logic
10-07-2007, 08:40 AM
if you do a search in the forums i bet you can find everything you need...from having my cai done it had to be custom made due to it was a kompressor....but i have seen guys in here with a c280 making there own and putting the filter via bumper which in my eyes would be the best for you since it would be out of the engine bay...but when you do that make sure you use a AEM bypass filter to avoid any type of water getting into it

C280_Spawrt
10-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Buy a weapon-R SW intake filter and make your own custom cai

RemoLexi
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
leave it stock and save the headache for another time.

Cru328prod
10-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Has anyone got dyno results on the cold air intakes for the C230ks?.......how much gain did it get?

Logic
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
if i had your money CRU i would have done by now :)