PDA

View Full Version : Lighted outside mirrors

BenzMeister
09-11-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm getting a pair of rear view mirros with the turn signals in them. I checked with my dealer yesterday about a approx cost to hook them up, the dealer called back today and said around $600 in labor. I said no thanks. I know someone has done this and if so are there directions posted or can you email me some?

Many,many thanks,:)

Denlasoul
09-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Check the Featured Stories Forum. There's a How-to there.

Good luck

nokia8860
09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Its all the same just like putting on 210 mirrors, folding or not. You will just need to run extra wires down the door then in the wire gutter figure out which wire is used for parking light. You would use the same steps to find these wires just like you would have for the blinking wires as well.

Best of luck.

1SIKBNZ
09-11-2003, 07:25 PM
i just got done the other week puttin them on my 99' c280, not that hard lil time consuming though. once you get one door the other is a piece of cake. any questions feel free to email me and ill guide you through.

BenzMeister
09-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
i just got done the other week puttin them on my 99' c280, not that hard lil time consuming though. once you get one door the other is a piece of cake. any questions feel free to email me and ill guide you through.

Thanks, they should arrive on Tuesday, I did read the article about the 210 install and kind of got lost. I print it out and see if I understand it better. I have a concertration problem from the meds I take for my chronic back pain. So I need a really good day mentality to understand things. anyone live near Mass, Springfield Area and knows how to do this, I'm will to pay a reasonable fee, plus food and drink and board is necessary.

Thanks and you will be hearing from me.

:)

BenzMeister
09-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Its all the same just like putting on 210 mirrors, folding or not. You will just need to run extra wires down the door then in the wire gutter figure out which wire is used for parking light. You would use the same steps to find these wires just like you would have for the blinking wires as well.

Best of luck. If you read my answer below I did read the featured article and got loss, I have concertration problems from the meds I take for chronric Back Pain, and sometimes I am in a fog for days. Not a great life when your back is slowly disintegrating day by day. In a clear state of mind the directions are very good and comprehensive.

:)