PDA

View Full Version : **Spring Pads**

c230kompresssed
09-12-2003, 01:04 AM
When I get some 19's, I know I won't be able to lower my car without all that rubbing. Plus I don't feel like getting camber kits and rolling n so on. So I was wondering, what spring pads would be good to get? I would want the car lower, but not enough to rub with some 19x8.

I have about a 75lbs. speaker box (with amp), So let me know a configuration where my ass (back drop) won't sag..

BTW- What # spring pads does my car come with stock?

Thanks a lot!!! Many opinions needed!!!

nokia8860
09-12-2003, 07:38 AM
What pads comes with your car depends on the factory options. The factory will put in the correct pads to correct the ride height for the different options available.

The best way to decide which pads you want to run is to bring it to a shop like tws, since you are in socal, and have them work with you in swapping the pads in and out till you get what you are trying to achieve.

Mike, aka dr.amg, brabus on a budget, did that as well. There can only be so much internet guessing. but the real way is just to start swapping them out and drive around the block till it gets to the point where you are fine with the setup.

Best of luck.

1SIKBNZ
09-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Im gunna be runnign 19x8.5 im lowered 1.5 all the way around and i am going to have a custome enclosure in the trunk. it sits perfect right now but with the addition of the stereo im going to give the rear just a tiny bit of boost. stock i have #3 in front and #2 in rear. im putting a #3 in rear. If your not going to lower it i suggest possibly like a #2 up front and a #2 or 3 in the back depending on how it sits with the stereo weight. nokia is pretty much right though. advice only goes so far on this one. trial and error may be the way to go....

c230kompresssed
09-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys, you're a big help!!!

fastmayte
09-21-2003, 07:03 PM
got quick ques, do thinner pads give u a harsher ride? or are their purpose just for the height?
thankx

SLAMMED_C
09-21-2003, 07:35 PM
got quick ques, do thinner pads give u a harsher ride? or are their purpose just for the height?
The pads dont change ur ride height enough to notice a harsher ride.. its more ment for fine tuning ride height.. more from factory.. depending on what options u have they might put lower or higher pads in to change ride height. but its also good for us tuners!! that want to fine tune ride height when lowering our cars!!

fastmayte
09-28-2003, 10:07 AM
hey, thankx. how do i tell what number pads i have right now by lookin at the pads?

Denlasoul
09-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by fastmayte
hey, thankx. how do i tell what number pads i have right now by lookin at the pads?

On the pad itself, there should be little bumps or dots. The number of bumps = spring pad number. For example, 2 dots/bumps is a #2 spring pad.