PDA

View Full Version : Not Water Proof!!!

Cru328prod
10-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Well.........i hit another huge puddle of water with my CAI, it bailed out, and when i tried starting it, it didn't want to turn over, tried again........nothing but smoke came out, and also came in the cabin.......it deff smelled electrical!!! any ideas? Car turns on, but won't crank, not even the starter will go off.

****UPDATE****

Starter fried!!
Engine Hydrolocked!!

I'm putting in a new motor as we speak, anything i should pull from the old motor that might be needed later on?

I'll be selling the other supercharger btw (already pulled)

PhilfromPA
10-22-2007, 07:21 AM
wow sucks to hear, I'm in the process of planning out my CAI, did you use a bypass?

goodluck, hopefully it just needs to dry, but that electrical smell idk, doesn't sound real good, hopefully nothing major got shorted

Proven Guilty
10-22-2007, 07:58 AM
sound like you nailed it with the last line, check the starter.

Cru328prod
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
is there a fuse or relay to the start that could have burned out?

Kyles 202
10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
now im DEFINITLY thinking of putting my CAI inside my front bumper LOL

Cru328prod
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
it rained sooooooooo bad when i was driving i couldnt see 5ft in front of me.........as soon as i was going to pull over.....splashhhhhhhh...it cut off, i was in the middle of the road on a busy road on top it. I tried to crank it......4th time.......it poped and smoke came in the car, and u can smell outside too

RemoLexi
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
ive had that.

earlier this year I was driving from Sac to San Fran for the night and the rain was soo horrible that I didnt bother with the wiper as it made no differance.

next day car turns on - lights on - no cranking! tried it a couple times and it started up normally. it did it agian a few times never repeated in summer.

Im assuming it had something to do with the starter but hey it works means its all good .. (for now)

Cru328prod
10-23-2007, 04:08 AM
hmmmm, there going to look at it today......starter isn't that bad, i looked on ebay for a boush, it was like 150........(fuc*ing cheapest thing i bought for the car yet)

benztec
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
put a socket on the bolt on the crank pulley. try to turn it over with a ratchet-clockwise. if it doesnt turn your're hydrolocked.

Cru328prod
10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Well its at the shop, i don't even know what im going do if it is hydrolocked....i shoulda bought some JE Pistions and connecting rods when i had the chance...............i wish they still had pauls pistons on file!!

Cru328prod
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
CAR IS HYDROLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logic
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
and you told me you didnt need that bypass and you was going to be careful hmmmm maybe you'll listen to your elders huh:P maybe that extra 40 dollars would have saved ya huh :D

benzboy
10-26-2007, 01:29 PM
How deep are your puddles!! I drive a C36 which is pretty low (euro spec) and I have never seen a deep enough puddle to even reach my bumper??!

That said, I never drive it in the rain anyway.....