PDA

View Full Version : Blinking Rear Views redux HELP

BenzMeister
09-12-2003, 06:30 AM
I won a set of Carbon Fiber mirror covers with blinkers on ebay, they should be here on the 16th. I've read the articles on how to do the W210, with factory parts. Has anyone installed aftermarket blinking rear views? I asked the seller what is included with the mirror cover, the bulbs and a couple of wires? I called my dealer he quoted $600 to hookup both mirrors, I can afford that.

Thanks and I hope I didn't get into something that is over my bald head?

:(

nokia8860
09-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by BenzMeister

Thanks and I hope I didn't get into something that is over my bald head?

:(

Naw, far from it. Once you get the mirrors in your hand you will see its a really easy process. From what I remember from pictures of these on the 'net there are 3 wires. 1 is earth 1 is for parking light the other for signal. If there are no indications with the covers which wire is which you will need a multimeter to find out where each wire connects to.

Since these are covers you will not have to mess with the flat 5 pin connector that is connected to your oem mirrors.

Using the DIY instructions on the site you will note you will need a multimeter. Finding the parking light wire in the gutter by the seats is the same process as finding the blinking wires. Just tap into these wires to the wires on your cover and you'll be all set.

:bunny: