PDA

View Full Version : Question about interior????

714guy
01-26-2003, 10:29 PM
I have tan interior, and i hate it. I want to slowlly change it to black or gray. Doesn't anyone know where i can get a different color floor mat like black or grey for my 202.

Seats- I would also like the cloth seats the have in europe. Are those just seat cover thats that can be changed or are they the whole thing cushion and all??

thanks

nokia8860
01-26-2003, 11:47 PM
MBenzNL can hook you up with the cloth covers. Get black with blue inserts!!!! Of course you will have to get matching door cards.

Dealer has the mats.

GDM BABY!!! It's all about GDM!

JRE320
01-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
MBenzNL can hook you up with the cloth covers. Get black with blue inserts!!!! Of course you will have to get matching door cards.

Dealer has the mats.

GDM? a new one that I've no idea.... :confused: ;)

Luwin1026
01-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
GDM? a new one that I've no idea.... :confused: ;)

I think he means "German Domestic Market"

Similar to the term, JDM, in which original equipment from carmakers in Japan that were originallty Japan-exclusive are highly sought after for conversion/appearance purposes.

For example, the North America Acura/Honda Integra has the two round headlamp setup, while the Japan market one has a smoother-looking single headlamp assembly. Thus, that front clip was sought after, and labeled as the JDM headlight/front bumper/clip/whatever the owner wants to call it conversion.
This can also apply to things like dashboard clusters, seats, mirrors, hoods, spoilers, shifters, converting LHD to RHD, etc., etc. -

So instead of going JDM, us 202 owners might want to go for the "GDM" look, in things like trunklids, corners, etc., etc. :D

Hope that clears it up for you!

MBenzNL
01-27-2003, 09:39 AM
I have a set of classic blue seats and doorcards...and I think Mike C200 will sonn have a set of black/red cloth seats covers as spare...

greetingz,

714guy
01-27-2003, 09:14 PM
steve when you're over here in the states i aam goin to have to talk to you. I am really interested. need to start saving.

714guy
01-28-2003, 12:59 AM

Dealer has the mats.

I need the complete floor mat, that big piece that covers the whole car. I am thinking its gonna cost an arm and leg at the stealership. Do you think i can bring it some where an dye it? or can should i paint it??

I working with a college budget and dont have to much $$$ to spend. Anyone have ideas??

Thanks

nokia8860
01-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by 714guy
I need the complete floor mat, that big piece that covers the whole car. I am thinking its gonna cost an arm and leg at the stealership. Do you think i can bring it some where an dye it? or can should i paint it??

I working with a college budget and dont have to much $$$ to spend. Anyone have ideas??

Thanks

The carpet actually comes out in different pieces. Never know maybe it will take to colouring well.

714guy
01-28-2003, 11:50 AM
joey got any ideas?? on how to or where to get supplies to do it .

Thanks

nokia8860
01-28-2003, 02:06 PM
joey got any ideas?? on how to or where to get supplies to do it .

Thanks

try a local mb junk yard. I am sure there are some in your are just like there is some around here.

Snoop around look at the cars then see if they will part it out for you. If you have tan right now there is a few to be change to get it black.

Dash, carpet, various plastic, seatbelt, headliner. center console, etc... call them up and see what they have.

714guy
01-28-2003, 11:19 PM
thanks, I am just doing some research right now but will get one it when i start i just have to make a list of what i want done first some many mods i want yet no time or money.

nokia8860
01-31-2003, 05:09 PM
714: basically everything inside your car needs to be changed if you want the standard black look. Everything you see inside your car that isnt black needs to be replace so its gonna be one big project.

But it is possible just look at MBenzNl.

One thing you might consider is painting the exterior a dark colour to complement the interior. Maybe a midnight blue or something like that.

714guy
01-31-2003, 06:48 PM
714: basically everything inside your car needs to be changed if you want the standard black look. Everything you see inside your car that isnt black needs to be replace so its gonna be one big project.

But it is possible just look at MBenzNl.

One thing you might consider is painting the exterior a dark colour to complement the interior. Maybe a midnight blue or something like that.

Yeah my cars already black. I plan on doing one thing at a time but the most important parts are the seats and the door cards and dash. I can pretty much paint most of the plastic parts or rewrap it myself. I want the head liner in black suede. I am goin to talk to Steve when hes in LA and see whats the damage if i wanted to do all this.

The major reason i want to redo my interior is so i can get some bucket seats. I was goin get some buckets and recover them but that doesn't look to good in tan.

Currently I am experimenting with my cousin integra i am painting all his plastic stuff black and so far its pretty good and we're also goin to try to rewrap all the door inserts and headliners ourself.

slk320
02-01-2003, 10:42 AM
If you know of a place where you can get Alcantra (ultra suede that you are planning to use for the headliner cover) let me know. Also from what I understand Alcantara is very difficult to work with and should not be a diy project.. Let me know how it pans out and where you can get the material...

mike c200
02-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah my cars already black. I plan on doing one thing at a time but the most important parts are the seats and the door cards and dash. I can pretty much paint most of the plastic parts or rewrap it myself. I want the head liner in black suede. I am goin to talk to Steve when hes in LA and see whats the damage if i wanted to do all this.

Send me a ticket and I wil help you with the mod for free:) :) :D :D

Greetingz,

Mike