PDA

View Full Version : help help.

dantedawg
10-28-2007, 06:55 PM
so i went to see my mechanic coz i ordered this LED bulb to replace my orignal license plate bulb..like that of the lexus...

i parked the car but had to move it again....
suddenly my key wont even lock or unlock the car..i put it in the ignition but wont read it...steering wheel is locked as well but since it wont read the key, the car wont respond..

my mechanic said its the key, but i dont have a duplicate..
so he called mercedez benz and ordered a duplicate which will take 3 to 4 days to get it...also we tried to disconnect the battery and hope it will reset things...but it did nothing..

im hoping its just the key...coz lately ive been having difficult time locking the car and it takes about 5 to 7x for the car to locked...

what else could possibly cause this problem?

predrag1
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
my brother had the same problem with his 99 c280

he was able to unlock the car but the car wouldnt start or make any signals, he wasnt able to unlock the trunk either if I remember right, he got the new key and it worked

dantedawg
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
thanks for the reply..i know the car has no problem. i really hope its just the key..but still...duplicate could cost at least 150 dollars...mercedes benz is so complicated..need the new c class!!!!

predrag1
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by dantedawg
thanks for the reply..i know the car has no problem. i really hope its just the key..but still...duplicate could cost at least 150 dollars...mercedes benz is so complicated..need the new c class!!!!

I dont remember how much my brother payed but he got the new style key

dantedawg
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
cheers to that..ill post again when i get it on tuesday....will post new pix with the LED license and LED reverse light..plus i ordered the ORANGE CORNERS FROM GERMANY. should look good.

69chevelle
10-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Hope you ordered the chrome key! I just got mine and it looks soooo cool!!

Cru328prod
10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
did you guys bother to cheak the batterys in the remote and in the car before you go and buy another 1? even then the dealer should be able to test if the key is bad. If you can still open you trunk disconnect the battery for a couple of hours, connect it and try it again.

dantedawg
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
the trunk can be opened through the switch inside..not from the key..we tried pressing the key but car wont respond at all...red light is on (in the key)...we disconnected the battery but nothing happened...ill wait till wednesday for the duplicate. thanks!

jnolte
10-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
did you guys bother to cheak the batterys in the remote and in the car before you go and buy another 1? even then the dealer should be able to test if the key is bad. If you can still open you trunk disconnect the battery for a couple of hours, connect it and try it again.

first of all the key can be dead battery wise and will still start the car, just like you credit card being rung up, it dosent need a battery.

Second it could need a new EIS which will cost you over 1000 dollars installed ouch!

dantedawg
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
i read about the EIS. it doesn't look good at all!! very scary...im thinking of selling the car now :(

Cru328prod
10-31-2007, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
first of all the key can be dead battery wise and will still start the car, just like you credit card being rung up, it dosent need a battery.

Second it could need a new EIS which will cost you over 1000 dollars installed ouch!

well i was talking about the unlocking your doors! if you disconnect the battery for 8hrs it should do a reset if im not mistaken. but hey if u think its the key get another 1,

dantedawg
11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
goodnews..i talked to my mechanic. he said the new key works now...ill pick it up tomorrow and will let you know ..

predrag1
11-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dantedawg
goodnews..i talked to my mechanic. he said the new key works now...ill pick it up tomorrow and will let you know ..

told ya :D

dantedawg
11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
all good...got chrome key and car working perfect. LED plates look good too...i say ill wait till next year to work on other things..its causing me too much already. but will post recent pix at dantedawg.multiply.com