PDA

View Full Version : need Help on Exterior DEtailing here at SAn Diego

notty800
10-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi there everyone, especially those from SAn Diego. I have a black 2000 c230 kompressor and i hate the swirlmarks and some chip marks that i have on its body.

I want to have it detailed by a professional detailer with a shop since i do not have my own garage. I want to have my car's paint sealed with teflon as well.

any recommendations? how much with they cost for the full detail (clay, polishing, swirlmarks and scratch removal and teflon)

appreciate the help

any tips on how to maintain the deep scratch free luster on a black car?

OCKlasse
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by notty800
Hi there everyone, especially those from SAn Diego. I have a black 2000 c230 kompressor and i hate the swirlmarks and some chip marks that i have on its body.

I want to have it detailed by a professional detailer with a shop since i do not have my own garage. I want to have my car's paint sealed with teflon as well.

any recommendations? how much with they cost for the full detail (clay, polishing, swirlmarks and scratch removal and teflon)

appreciate the help

any tips on how to maintain the deep scratch free luster on a black car?

I detail in Orange County. I work on Ferraris, Rolls Royces, and Lamborghinis. PM me if you're interested in a detail.

A full detail will be around $350 for your car, given for the condition of how it sounds (interior and exterior).

The best advice I can give you is after you get a detail, make sure every subsequent wash is a HAND wash and you are not taking your car to a gas station wash or local wash place. The best results will come from you washing your own car.

notty800
10-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
I detail in Orange County. I work on Ferraris, Rolls Royces, and Lamborghinis. PM me if you're interested in a detail.

A full detail will be around $350 for your car, given for the condition of how it sounds (interior and exterior).

The best advice I can give you is after you get a detail, make sure every subsequent wash is a HAND wash and you are not taking your car to a gas station wash or local wash place. The best results will come from you washing your own car.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will schedule a visit to ORange county once i get some freetime. How long will it take? what materials do you use...does that include all (claying, polishing, buffing (swirlmarks), waxing and teflon coating)? sorry for the numerous questions. how about my minor ship marks on my hood?

Appreciate the advise. Thanks again

taimyshukah
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Brandon is a beast at detailing. I've seen his work and its amazing! Peep the Ferrari he detailed last june. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v338/trefive/Ferrari%20F430/

This is part of his standard detailing job (I copy and pasted it from another forum):

Part of my standard detail:

Exterior:

-Wash
-Clay
-Polish (2 stage Menzerna)
-Wax (Zymol - not cheap stuff)
-Spray Sealant

Interior:

-Vacuum
-Leather cleaner/conditioner
-Shampoo floormats

Wheels:

-Sealant for brake dust inhibiting
-Tire Dressing
-Fender well cleaning/dressing

Miscellaneous Chrome polishing for grill/exhaust etc.

notty800
10-30-2007, 11:14 PM
thank you very much, i will am seriously considering having it done by Brandon. How long does it take? I need to make time to go to Orange County. I live in SAn Diego

taimyshukah
10-30-2007, 11:51 PM
You should plan to spend at least an entire afternoon in OC. Detailing takes time. If you want to see more of his work, go to www.mymbonline.com. You have to register to see the Detailing and Car Care forum.

notty800
10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
ok i will check my sked. i also want to meet with 202club members and check out their rides and get tips on how to modd my ride. i am still torn between 18s or 19s. i do like the very deep dish rear tire look like that of Superpinoy and VIP_bnz. I just do not want to roll fenders when i lower the car

who are the members from San Diego which i can initially meet up with?

OC Klasse, I will PM you as soon as I have a free day to come to OC and have my car detailed

OCKlasse
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
ok i will check my sked. i also want to meet with 202club members and check out their rides and get tips on how to modd my ride. i am still torn between 18s or 19s. i do like the very deep dish rear tire look like that of Superpinoy and VIP_bnz. I just do not want to roll fenders when i lower the car

who are the members from San Diego which i can initially meet up with?

OC Klasse, I will PM you as soon as I have a free day to come to OC and have my car detailed

Not:

Your PM box was full, so I'll just paste what I wrote:

Hey,

1. It sounds like your swirls sound pretty bad, so you're looking at a minimum of a 10 hour job (even at $350 - $350/10 = $35/hour, which is VERY inexpensive)

2. Your car is black, which always takes more time (read above)

Thanks for the compliments on the ride. My theory about detailers is they should use their car as an example of their work; my pet peeve is seeing a detailer's van which has been beaten to death. Once you have seen my own car, you can see the caliber of the work I do, just the caliber of the vehicles I work on (Carrera GTs, etc.).

I need to really see the car in person before I can give an honest answer as far as price, but from the way it sounds, given also the age of the car, my best estimate would be anywhere from $280-$350. I would also need an entire day to work on the car (Saturdays are fine).

Hope I cleared up some things for you!

Regards,

Brandon

notty800
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Brandon, thanks very much for the clarification.

I wished I could post my ride here but i still do not know how to.

yup, i have seen your detailing on some black cars like the Ferrari! really great job and i have to say again that your ride is so sweeeetttt! I am thinking of going for 19s too but am still afraid of the rubbing without fender rolling once i lower the car.

I will PM you again once my sked to go to OC is set. thanks again

OCKlasse
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Brandon, thanks very much for the clarification.

I wished I could post my ride here but i still do not know how to.

yup, i have seen your detailing on some black cars like the Ferrari! really great job and i have to say again that your ride is so sweeeetttt! I am thinking of going for 19s too but am still afraid of the rubbing without fender rolling once i lower the car.

I will PM you again once my sked to go to OC is set. thanks again

I honestly don't see why getting your fenders rolled is a big deal. A lot of people seem to make it into a serious ordeal. Any reputable custom wheel shop can probably do it for you.

notty800
11-01-2007, 12:50 PM
i guess i am just not familiar with the procedure and i am afraid that it might ruin the paint or fender if not done properly

notty800
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Brandon.,

finally i figured out how to post my pics. check out my ride at the members gallery

Lensolo
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Brandon is an AWESOME detailer! I would totally go to him, but I can't afford him! LOL