PDA

View Full Version : Slight Dilema

Devero
11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok so i now have the money to do one of two things to my car.......lower it or get new wheels. But if I were to get new wheels right now I would have to wait a while to save up and get springs & shocks. So I am wondering if my car is going to sit up like a monster truck if I don't lower it with 18's and flat tires? (98 C230) Any help would be great, thanks.

chewiguy
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey I had that dilemma too. I ended up lowering it first and i finally bought wheels after 5 months but am now going to wait until spring to put them on. I did my suspension first because I really didn't want to look like a 4x4.

I suggest doing the suspension first because even with little wheels (mine are 15'' stockies) your car will look tight. And then if it takes you awhile to save up for wheels, you won't constantly hate how your car looks every time you see it.

Whichever way you pick, the end product will look great! Good luck to you!

Section 8
11-05-2007, 08:20 AM
suspension first, i have staggered 18" amgs on low profiles, and it still looks too high

Devero
11-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Well i thought about it a lot today and I'm going to go with the suspension first.

But I was wondering if spring pads would change the ride height without getting new springs/shocks. I don't know what # pads are under there right now but they are the factory ones.

thanks for the help guys.