PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing Something Here?

bc24
09-12-2003, 03:32 PM
I just went to the dealership and they charged me $14.10 for each front camber bolt. That led to a total of like 60 dollars when it was all said and done because I need 4 bolts! Is this the correct price? For some reason I have heard of other people getting this part much cheaper. The guy said I could return them at any time though. I might have to. If this is the wrong price, how can I prove it to this guy? Tell him that my friends on club202 told me so? LOL! Im sure hes gonna go for that! Anyways, anyone know if this is wrong or am I just an idiot. Thanks!

Eurosport
09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
stealership territory is dangerous one to be in
unless you put the smack down on them and tell them to f88k off, throw in some proof to their manager, raise hell, and they'll treat you like a king from then on, even if you don't buy squat from them

Denlasoul
09-12-2003, 09:13 PM
bc24:

buy all your needs from Tom Hanson. The number is posted on the site.

DLS

jnolte
09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Stealership can suck my nutz.. especially barrier Mbenz in bellevue.. never have the part i need..treat me like im shit because i dont drive a SL55..and overcharge, i try and deal with them as little as possible:D

Renn 208
09-12-2003, 11:33 PM
You guys need to build better relationships with your dealership people...I always get taken care of now...get wholesale prices on parts, they're always totally accomodating, and they listen to me when I have input. You go in like some kind of cowboy with the attitude that they don't know shit and you know everything, and you'll get nowhere.

MBATF
09-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
You guys need to build better relationships with your dealership people...I always get taken care of now...get wholesale prices on parts, they're always totally accomodating, and they listen to me when I have input. You go in like some kind of cowboy with the attitude that they don't know shit and you know everything, and you'll get nowhere. :werd:

GDawgC220
09-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
You guys need to build better relationships with your dealership people...I always get taken care of now...get wholesale prices on parts, they're always totally accomodating, and they listen to me when I have input. You go in like some kind of cowboy with the attitude that they don't know shit and you know everything, and you'll get nowhere.

Totally agree! Build a good relationship with your dealer. Example, the other day I went in to get my center link repaired/replaced because it had worn out. They told me $650, but then the check engine light came on night b4. I was like, great. I asked them to check it out and it was the upshift delay switch for the tranny. That thing costed $800 to fix because they had to drop the tranny.

Now, they call me at 4pm saying that the problem was the upshift and my total bill was $1450. I was like, wtf. I was expecting maybe $800 at most cuz of check engine light. So, my service advisor talked to his boss and etc and they knocked $500 off the labor for me, so costed $300 for the job, which took 6 hours to fix. So really the mechanic lost the labor for the job. In the end, the bill was $900.

Pays to build a good relationship. :)