PDA

View Full Version : H3 Hid install

DRM
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
hey guys,

I just received a h3 hid kit in the mail but there are 2 connectors negative and positive on the hid wiring that you connect to the stock car wiring, but inside my headlight the H3 globe only has one wire going to it :confused: ?

Is the headlight wire going to the h3 globe the positive wire? So do I just connect the one red hid wire to the car harness and try and ground the black hid wire somewhere?

Here is what the stock h3 bulb looks like,

http://dsl.torque.net/images/H3.jpg

So the hid ballast has both positive and negative wires that you need to connect to your cars globe harness that look exactly like the clip on that h3 globe, so I am wondering which wire ( red or black ) from the ballast should I connect to the projectors wire for the H3, and do I then just ground the black wire somewhere? :confused:

Thanks.

Markland556
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM
the wire coming off the bulb is positive and the chassis of the housing is ground, but you could just tap ground off the frame somewhere else.

DRM
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
ah okay cool thanks i'll have a look tomorrow!

DRM
11-09-2007, 09:42 PM
installed them today and they look sweet! something weird though, if you turn on the car and switch the lights on immediately the right bulb ignites automatically but the left one doesn't turn on, but if you turn on the car and wait 5 seconds and turn them on they both ignite, i'm guessing the left ballast is not getting enough power immediately to ignite as soon as you turn the car on?

Also didn't get any cluster restarting etc (yet lol)

V1Dreamer
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
it might just be that the bulb that doesnt ignite has a poor ground, check and see that your ground is good.

when you first start your car, lots of things are running. and being tested. and with all that draw on the electrical system. a poor ground will act like no ground.