PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting, adding accessories

Benzalot
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I tried search to no avail, can someone tell me where I can tie into the circuit that controls the dome lights so I can add lights that come on when the door is unlocked?

kevinzorz
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
don't your dome lights automatically come on when you unlock your door? Is that what you're talking about?

MirageHatch
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
yea but he wants to tap into that signal so he can make more lights do it :)

Benzalot
11-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Right,

I want to add LED's maybe to the bottom of each door so when you open them they light up the ground or under the seats to light up the floorboard or along the sideskirt or...... you get the picture, I just need to tap into it in a convienent place to do this, I didn't want to take out the headliner and column covers to do it.:(

adamsry
11-09-2007, 04:17 AM
I believe that all facelift 202 models have a knockout in the front doors for illumination, this evidently was a feature that Mercedes Decided to omit in the US/CA models. There is a site on the internet ( Google w202 Door Lighting ) and i believe there is a full guide on adding this feature to the doors, at least that addresses part of your question. There is a series of relay's and an electric volt stepping mechanism that triggers once the doors open or central locking system is activated that create the dimming effect the dimmer portion i believe is part is located in the dome cluster where your sunroof switch is. I would check that area and trace the leads to the dome lights. I do not believe the side door lights if retrofitted are on the dimmer function i think they use a separate circuit so the only activate when the door's are opened.

Hope this was helpful

They said you could not retrofit the bose factory stereo and i have done it ( IT IS A B$$$h! :) but can be done.