PDA

View Full Version : bypass

joshm38
11-13-2007, 03:53 PM
how do i bypass factory bose system any help ? i live in sd any local guys? i blew out my bose amp i think ground touched something any help plz =[

Logic
11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
. if your adding a external amp find the amp in the truck , find your speaker outputs and run wire from there this way you dont have to run wires to each speaker....you can achieve this by using a 9 volt battery , or if you have a speaker popper like us installers :) in my eyes if you dont know what to do take it to your local stereo place and have them do it.

expo5.0
11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
are you looking to use the stock hu?

joshm38
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
i have an aftermarket headunit any help?

Logic
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
well if your deck was aftermarket , then what you need to do is locate the amp in the rear of the trunk....usually most factory amps will have two plugs or a din and plug type connector. what you need to do is determine what is input , and output. most time the output wires will be thicker then the input. what you need to do is find the output of the speakers and like i said when you do that you can get a 9 volt battery to test the wires to see what speakers they pop. for instant. if you found the output side you need to cut these wires unless you have a speaker popper like most installers have. most speaker wires in your car will be twisted , so two wires together are more likey the same speaker wire. when you cut the wires strip the insallation a bit and use the neg and pos of the 9 volt battery and listen for a popping sound . if you get a sound check to see what speaker did it . then mark it so you know what speaker it was.. its better if you have some one there to help you hear it . when you determined all the speakers then attach wire to them and run them up to your deck . youll probley will need to take the current wire behind the deck and rewire it to the wire you ran up make sure you dont hook back the wires back to the factory harness behind the deck (speaker wires) since you aint using the factory amp just hook the speakers wires you ran ....most decks coloring are
yellow 12 volts
red switched
blue antenna turn on
blue/white amp turn on
black ground
white positive front left
white/black negitive front left
grey positive front right
grey/black negitive front right
green positive rear left
green/black negitive rear left
purple positive rear right
purple/black negitive rear right
orange if there is illumination
pink if there (alpine) cell phone mute
if this is too hard take it to a local install place , they shouldn't charge more then a hours work

joshm38
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
thanks for all the help can i splice the wires in the back and run to a aftermarket 4 channel alpine?

Logic
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
yes you can run the same wire to a four channel amp as long as they are the outputs like i described. the only thing you would need are a rca run and a remote turn on lead from the deck good luck