PDA

View Full Version : What is the best springpad to use when lowering a C43 AMG

kowalski
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone this is Kowalski asking. My car is a European version of the c43 amg 99, I'm interested in swapping my shocks they are still the original Bilsteins, the car has only 83,000 km. on the clock,
now I want to put KONI yellow ones with adjusting damping kit for stiffness, I'm going to use my original factory spring set up, I changed my wheels on the car now I have BRABUS monoblock IV 18 inch which looks awsome, but the car looks a little high at the rear, the front looks good in hightness, but what pads should I use at the rear

Renn 208
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
first figure out what pads you already have in the back...then you can figure out if you are able to go to thinner pads. Just take a look at the installed pads and hopefully you can see how many "bumps" are on the pads...

kowalski
11-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
first figure out what pads you already have in the back...then you can figure out if you are able to go to thinner pads. Just take a look at the installed pads and hopefully you can see how many "bumps" are on the pads...

hey buddy isn't it the thickness of the spring pad I should know about=? the thinner pad the better=?

I don't get what you mean with "how many bumps are on the pads" mean?

Btw can I swap the rear pads only and let the original front pads still be on the car or do i need to swap all 4 pads too match perfectly=?

thanx for sharing input :p

Proven Guilty
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
the pads have small bumps in a series, to indicate thickness in millimeters. that's where the term "#1 pads" is coined from.

Renn 208
11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
click on this thread:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10067

and scroll down to the section on spring pads. Read through the listed threads...then holler back here if you have specific questions.

Good luck!

kowalski
11-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
click on this thread:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10067

and scroll down to the section on spring pads. Read through the listed threads...then holler back here if you have specific questions.

thanx buddy for all the good input cheers mate
Good luck!