PDA

View Full Version : Hard Start in the morning

Cru328prod
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
welllllllllllllllllllll as you guys already new used motor with 50k miles on it........i just go a check engine light for the same problem before.........Fuel trim malfuction................soo i don't know what it could be.........and on top of it.......i kinda pinched the a/c hose soooooo know if have to buy a new 1........but any ideas what to look for? btw i have a hard idiel like if im at a stop light

JRE320
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
If I were you I'll take it to shop and let them figure it out.

Logic
11-16-2007, 03:11 PM
somebody needs to dig deep in those pockets and get that looked at , at the stealership

adamsry
11-18-2007, 07:52 AM
It sounds to me like the issue could be related to a faulty O2 sensor or MAF that may be dirty. Keep in mind that when it is cooler the air density changes and these 2 components work in conjunction with one another. Colder air is more dense and inaccurate readings can cause rough idle and other erratic problems with these cars. Hard shifting issues with the trannie, rough idle are some examples. I would recommend getting some MAF cleaner from your local parts store and a new O2 Sensor for starters these are items that you can do your self and if are not the problem certainly will not hurt the performance of the vehicle. I have heard of some examples where these 2 components are not working 100% and still not trigger any fault codes, or throw bad codes in the system leading to unnecessary diagnosis of otherwise working components.

OzC36
11-21-2007, 03:44 AM
An intermittent fault with one coil gave me the same hard start problem first start of the day. Also and dead cut from time to time while driving.

Cru328prod
11-21-2007, 05:48 AM
haha that happened too........it was the most imbrassing thing in the world.......

OzC36
11-21-2007, 06:03 AM
In the C36 (M104 engine) there are three coils. I tried the new coil in each of the three positions. It was not until I tried the last position that suddenly, everything was bright and rosey.

There is no electrical circuit test I can do on the bad coil that shows any difference to the good coils?

The car now starts beautifully, idles smoothly, NEVER cuts-out and runs like a dream!

The car now runs so good that I bought yet another spare coil in preparation for next time!

Cru328prod
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
well......Fuel Trim malfuction started after i blew the transmission from Nitrous.........................i never could figure out what it was.....i replace the MAF and it still came on.........after that, it still had that weird idle....... when only in drive.....if i place it in N it stops.................................but it didn't come on as often..............................now i Hydroloc'd the engine and then replaced it with a used 1...........i put everything back together and didn't damage anything but the AC hose......now i don't know weither the engine just needs an injection service........or what...but today i hit a really big bump.......2 mins later the CEL came off........i was like you mother fu*king piece of sh*T.....(because i sat there for hours trying to figure out everything)....

junklar
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
OzC36,

I have the same hard start problem for the first start of the day.. I was wondering how much do the coils you were talking about cost.. how tough is the installation? Also, do you have any pics of the process?

Cru328prod
11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
all you have to do is pop the spark plug cover off......unbolt 2 screws from each coil.......then unplug the wire....and then pull up the coil.......